DVDVR Message Board

Great Songs In Horrible Movies

J.T.

Inspired by Dolfan & I talking about the trailer for X-Men:  Apocalypse.

I normally hate the British band, Bush.  I still think that neither Gavin Rossdale nor his bandmates could carry a tune in a bucket if their lives depended on it.

The exception to this rule would be the super sexy Stingray remix of the Bush song, Mouth, that served as the backdrop for a MTV video / quasi-trailer for the 1997 horror movie, An American Werewolf in Paris.

This music video totally tricked me into going against my better judgment and actually believing that a non-Landis directed sequel to An American Werewolf in London might be a good thing. 

I was wrong.  Terribly, terribly wrong.

The shitty shitty CGI transformation scenes from the movie in this video screamed DO NOT WATCH THIS CRAP~!, but I did not listen.

I am dumb.

This is a great fucking track, though.  I probably should've posted this in the Remixes That Are Better Than The Original Songs thread back in the day.

• Like 2

Easy answer for me.  From I Am Number Four, this is Civil Twilight's "Letters from the Sky" 

The movie is a mess of a teen romantic, sci-fi alien invasion(?).  So whatever, but this song is god damned epic.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The entire Judgment Night soundtrack

What Jae said.

We will now create the Paramore - Decode From The Twilight Soundtrack rule and say that these songs have to be from legit bad movies and not from movies you just don't like.

I personally hate the Twilight movies and think they all suck but a million billion kids would disagree.... 

...they'd be wrong, just sayin'.

26 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

So wait, are we naming it that rule because you're trying to say Twilight is somehow not the most boring shit ever and therefore falls into the "you may not like it" boat, or because Paramore allegedly has redeeming qualities?  I'm so confused.

What Raziel said. 

I am not a Paramore fan, but Decode is a pretty rockin' track all things considered and it is in a movie that I personally think is the drizzling shits, but that is my opinion in the face of the opinion of millions of emo teens that made the franchise a financial success.

How could I forget that Army Of Me by Bjork is in the soundtrack for the movie, Sucker Punch? 

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Well, that whole series is likely festooned with songs that are wasted on it.  Looks like the Death Cab for Cutie song I was thinking of was on the second movie's OST.

Songs Wasted on Twilight Soundtracks could be a whole different thread,

Now come on, I don't think Upskirt Punch was that bad.  It isn't as bad as the Twilight movies or Coneheads or I Am Number Four.

(It was totally as bad as Apocalypse, which is a clear contender for Worst Blu-Ray I Own - that or Constantine or Harold & Kumar Christmas).

I mean... we have a whole bunch of terrible Elvis movies with awesome Elvis songs to pick from!

Add to that the mess that is Magical Mystery Tour

Also one of my favorite guiulty pleasure films is Josie & The Pussycats, which despite not being good has some really great original songs.

But let me just leave this here...

James

On 1/7/2019 at 1:51 PM, J.H. said:

Also one of my favorite guiulty pleasure films is Josie & The Pussycats, which despite not being good has some really great original songs.

We can no longer be friends, James.  Josie & The Pussycats is brilliant & scathing social commentary satirizing the commercialization of the music industry.

Also, Rachael Leigh Cook and Rosario Dawson were smoking hot.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

All this talk of Judgement Night, and nobody brings up the soundtrack sequel? Spawn, lads. Slayer & Atari Teenage Riot united at last! Marilyn Manson letting Kellie from Sneaker Pimps add backing vocals to a track they've already finished! And the movie were SHITE!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

All this talk of Judgement Night, and nobody brings up the soundtrack sequel? Spawn, lads. Slayer & Atari Teenage Riot united at last! Marilyn Manson letting Kellie from Sneaker Pimps add backing vocals to a track they've already finished! And the movie were SHITE!

I had the soundtrack but never saw the movie!