DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] RDR2 Post Single Player Discussion

RIPPA

DO NOT BE IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN (or if you don't care about spoilers).

I finally got to watch this (I am also ensuring this first post is still spoiler free)

Thank you game for letting me shoot Micah is his stupid face (though I did put a couple in his crotch too)

Something that the above video touches on that was bugging me as I was doing the epilogue was how it seemed like they wanted you to forget playing as Arthur

It is weird enough that he is never brought up in the first game - but depending on how long you futz around in free roam, you will play as John longer and longer.

There’s a video of someone fiddling with the ending that’s pretty funny: trying to shoot Dutch, not shooting Micah, etc 

the same person also did a funny video of how happens if Arthur shoots the bullet catching act in St Denis. 

(I presume Rippa does not want us just posting a ton of videos.)

I have seen some of the alternate endings

I still don't understand why everyone was all I SURE HOPE YOU HELPED THE GERMAN FAMILY!!!! because its not like Arthur was gonna die there if you hadn't helped them earlier

If, like me, you have been a bit more heel in free roam, you can get back cheap honor  points by going back to the farm to do chores, like you used to do in the camp. 

I keep forgetting to go back every couple days of game time. 

Also, Johns shaving mirror is in the bathroom near the front door, not in the bedroom. I couldn’t find it originally when the house was finally built. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Something that the above video touches on that was bugging me as I was doing the epilogue was how it seemed like they wanted you to forget playing as Arthur

That whole epilogue felt to me like Rockstar started off making a John-centric prequel, ran out of ideas, then tacked it on as an epilogue after

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

That whole epilogue felt to me like Rockstar started off making a John-centric prequel, ran out of ideas, then tacked it on as an epilogue after

Maybe that's why I was irritated with it. Not only did I miss Arthur, but I was like when is this shit gonna end???

We already did the same thing at the end of the first game. Do a bunch of outlaw shit and then "retire" to a life of farm chores.

• Like 1

BTW - is it ever revealed what happens with Karen?

I got all the people in the credits and Strauss is mentioned early in one of the Epilogue missions but I remember no mention of Karen.

31 minutes ago, RUkered said:

Maybe that's why I was irritated with it. Not only did I miss Arthur, but I was like when is this shit gonna end???

We already did the same thing at the end of the first game. Do a bunch of outlaw shit and then "retire" to a life of farm chores.

Yup, that's why I pretty much started the game from scratch again. I'm doing missions until I get to St Denis and then I'm just going to freeroam as Arthur forever. I liked parts of the epilogue such as building the house and rescuing Uncle but it certainly lacked brevity.

Tilly hints that Karen drank herself to death in a letter.

I pretty much decided I am not doing 100%

I am going to visit all the graves and visit all the former crew in their various towns and that's it

I will probably come back to the single player later on and do another run from scratch - this time with the intention of getting 100%

Also, some of the encounters are no longer available or are different after the epilogue, including the Braithwaite daughter locked in the outhouse and I think the guy who drugs and likely violates Arthur in the swamp.

i think the key to my second play through will be doing stuff earlier,not just missions and collectibles but things like crafting weapons. 

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - is it ever revealed what happens with Karen?

I got all the people in the credits and Strauss is mentioned early in one of the Epilogue missions but I remember no mention of Karen.

She gets mentioned in a letter from Tilly.

It's not clear what happened to her but best guess is she drank herself to death.

The other thing that irritated me about the epilogue was it made me dislike Abigail

JOHN! HOW DARE YOU STOP THOSE MEN WITH GUNS FROM BULLYING SOMEONE WE KNOW! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?

• Like 1

If Jack Marston had been in LA Noire, he'd only have been in his early fifties. If he'd been in GTA Vice City, he'd have been over 90, though.

10 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Yup, that's why I pretty much started the game from scratch again. I'm doing missions until I get to St Denis and then I'm just going to freeroam as Arthur forever. I liked parts of the epilogue such as building the house and rescuing Uncle but it certainly lacked brevity.

Tilly hints that Karen drank herself to death in a letter.

If you had written out the house building stuff on paper, I would have thought it was the dumbest minigame ever, but I strangely enjoyed it too.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If Jack Marston had been in LA Noire, he'd only have been in his early fifties. If he'd been in GTA Vice City, he'd have been over 90, though.

This makes me feel pretty damn young all of a sudden.

• Like 1

This was a new one. I was riding from the ranch toward west Elizabeth. I saw a wagon coming across the screen in the distance but on the map, there was a moving x. As I was watching it, the wagon came to a stop. As i rode up, i saw it was full of arrows, and so was the driver, DOA. 

Got 2 more legendary animals today: ram a d finally the fox. And found a card in a place I had been two a bunch of times (the train station near the trapper in tall trees). 

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This was a new one. I was riding from the ranch toward west Elizabeth. I saw a wagon coming across the screen in the distance but on the map, there was a moving x. As I was watching it, the wagon came to a stop. As i rode up, i saw it was full of arrows, and so was the driver, DOA. 

I got that during the Epilogue - didn't even get a marker on my map.

I was riding into Blackwater and the horse was trying to drag the carriage through a fence

I have paused story progression to try and get perfect pelts to upgrade my satchels.

Apparently I am going to have a hell of a time bagging a panther.

I looked up the locations of where they supposedly spawn. Spent 20 minutes or more at one location just wasting predator bait, so I rode to the other.

Finally found one at the second location I tried...via it eating my ass alive twice when it attacked me from behind while I was aiming at the bait.

This shit is going to take forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1