DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I really really really like Noam Dar. "He needs new shoes" - that's gold.

I really really like Gallus. Great entrance song, and they all come off as bruisers whilst making even the most wee opponents look effective.

I really like Radzi Chinyanganya. Good interviewrer, very personable yet threatenable.

I like the pairing of Ripley and Niven, and anticipate those matches.

Too many of the cruiserweights work and look alike, but everybody busts their asses. I like NXT UK.

- RAF, on thee positive tip

• Like 4

Vic Joseph is a daftie, pass it on.

13 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

A Hoss Last man Standing match that's the match I'm most looking forward to now. 

Me, too. I'm still gutted that Trent isn't getting the headline spot against WALTER, but this match fills the "two big bastards battering each other," gap.

Edited by DangerMark

Imperium vs. Hunt was good.

KLR vs. Shax was decent. The segment afterward with Toni did little for me. Toni is at her best when she able to be a bit cocky.

What I saw Andrews/Drake was decent. The whole face on his ass chant for Drake was interesting.

It was nice seeing MM get vengeance on Imperium.

Agreed. That was a nice match. The rest of today's episode was ok though nothing super special although I did like Nina Samuel's taking over Toni's unused interview time.

I'm looking forward to the Rounds match between Scala and Ohno.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

This week’s ep is a big step up from last week’s, which basically had the unexpectedly decent Ohno main and nothing else. 

This time we get the excellent tag main, a nice Devlin match,  and some good setup for feuds with Nox and with the British Rules match next week.  (I loved the hype segment with Regal, Brookside, and Nigel.) 

Happy to see that the crowd is responding properly to the Imperium. These days, it’s no guarantee! 

Banks/Tyson was ok

Rhea's squash was ok. I did enjoy the segment with Jinny afterward. Rhea/Jazzy should be fun.

Williams/Connors was a perfectly solid match, but i just can't bring myself to give a shit about Connors

I enjoyed Dar being annoying little shit to Seven.

The damn network kept skipping on the last minute, but I dug the Rounds match, especially poor Scala being unable to even things out at just the last second.

Connors SUCKS!

I think they should have kept the Cards or Public Warnings for the British Rounds match that way after Ohno punched Sid in the throat the 3rd time the Ref gives him the card and Ohno could lose the match with a Red card or Sid pins him to even it up. 

Dar vs. Banks next week should be great and KLR vs. Nox in two weeks will be interesting. 

• Like 1

Finally got caught up on the last 2 and plan to keep up with the TV more regularly in between Takeovers this time. Very much looking forward to KayLee/Nox. KLR is greatness as champ and comes off like a star. Rhea/Jinny feud sounds fun too, I only wish they used Killer Kelly more often.

On September 26, 2019 at 1:32 AM, Hail Sabin said:

The Nox Video package was the best thing on the show. 

Watching her sporting two knee braces at 24...yikes. Hoping for the best and that she can avoid serious injury from here on out.

Watching WALTER punk out trainees (hello Spike Trivet) will always be enjoyable.

I enjoyed the Seven/Dar main event until that finish. Ooof.

Edited by quackhell

I'm being all boring and logical, but who were all those guys suppose to be? They're not signed, so why are they there just hanging out? I mean it wouldn't outrageously surprise me if guys like Trivet (who is a lot better than I ever expected him to be before I saw him wrestle, though not exactly a body guy) get shown a some things once or twice a week, but it just seemed a bit weird.

1 hour ago, quackhell said:

Watching her sporting two knee braces at 24...yikes. Hoping for the best and that she can avoid serious injury from here on out.

Watching WALTER punk out trainees (hello Spike Trivet) will always be enjoyable.

I enjoyed the Seven/Dar main event until that finish. Ooof.

Me too I hope she can avoid another knee injury. Her doing a Stone Cold impression in the video package was amazing! 

• Like 1

Kay Lee Ray vs. Tegan Nox is the best NXT UK Women's match in a long time. Just a great Home country Babyface vs. Evil Heel match with the babyface willing to put her career on the line to win this match with chance after chance. 

Isla Dawn also had her best performance in NXT UK in her match against Piper Niven in the opener. 

• Like 2

Just finished as well. Kay Lee/Tegan was great stuff that lived up to expectations, PPV quailty. Lots of great spots and solid near falls. Loved KLR's tornado DDT and Tegan's destroyer. Great match and Kay Lee makes an awesome champ, hope she has a long reign.

• Like 1

Piper/Isla & Nox/KLR were both pretty solid. Really hope they continue to give the women time like this. The continued lack of Toni feels weird with the way they are pushing it. The eventual Piper/Rhea vs. Jazzy/Jinny tag should be fun. At least that is where I assume they are heading with Jinny and Jazzy going after both.