DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

13 hours ago, DangerMark said:

Don't tease me. Wild Boar is Welsh, so why not have that match in Cardiff?

They're surely going to need one Welsh person on the card, and with Eddie injured, Mandrews pretty quiet and Tegan Nox unlikely to be healthy in time, Boar is pretty much the best choice. 

Unless they want to hire Big Grizzly, and we can have a big boy slugfest with Walter ?

8 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

They're surely going to need one Welsh person on the card, and with Eddie injured, Mandrews pretty quiet and Tegan Nox unlikely to be healthy in time, Boar is pretty much the best choice. 

Unless they want to hire Big Grizzly, and we can have a big boy slugfest with Walter ?

Maybe this Big Grizzly fellow can join The Hunt...?

• Like 2

Jinny/Jazzy vs. Xia/Isla was just a showcase for Jazzy. It was ok though not as fluid as I was hoping.

Connors/Dragunov was a better showcase for Dragunov than his debut though I'm still not sure how I feel about Dragunov yet.

The vid for Banks behind the scenes was nice. Banks isn't the most most interesting guy in NXT UK by a long shot, but he is good for a Johnny Kickpads. Still every time i watch him I feel like he is a guy that should probably be in japan.

Nice to see the Hunt get some promo time however short. They have been one of the more interesting teams building the background via smaller matches.

British Strong Style vs. Imperium was damn good as expected. Was nice seeing Wolfe join up.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to Ohno/Williams. What I saw looked nice enough.

Dug The Hunt vs. Gallus.

The battle royal was decent. Would have been nice to get a more creative finish, but I was happy to see KLR win and Xia be the last one out.

Two weeks for me to catch up on; because I usually watch this stuff with a mate, and that jerk was at Donnington Park last weekend.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:13 AM, Eivion said:

Nice to see the Hunt get some promo time however short. They have been one of the more interesting teams building the background via smaller matches.

Give me thirty seconds garbled intense nonsense over Travis Banks' whole sentences any day of the week. To be fair Mastiff is also someone who just needs to shut up and look hard, and just let Joe Coffey talk all the shit he wants to, whether there's a microphone near him or not.

Speaking of promos, I dug the Dar & Williams stuff. I didn't think I'd like Kenny, but he's got some decent babyface charisma, and he's come off like a decent chap in all his promos. Dar vs. Williams should be fun when it comes. (Cardiff?)

Matches were all fun, really dug Williams vs. Ohno, but whoever said that those BR finishes need to go away was spot on.

Was distracted elsewhere during Andrews/Coonors and some of Ligero/Dar. I did like the stuff with Williams in the Dar match.

Xia/Kelly was ok. I like how Kelly seems to be showing more personality than she did last year in NXT UK.

Walter/Banks was good. 

Rhea/Piper was rough in a nice way. Honestly it might be the best Rhea has looked in NXT UK.

Jazzy's squash was ok. I'm always a sucker for someone bouncing off a monster.

Dug Ohno's call out of Andrews.

Moustache Mountain vs. grizzled Young Vets was pretty damn good up until Imperium's interference. Dug the post match beatdown. Poor Tyler was just destroyed by WALTER. I also enjoyed the crowd calling the other Imperium members Walter's bitches.

• Like 1

Smith/Dragunov was decent.

Toni/Floss was ok.

The little vid with Nina Samuels at the Festival was nice.

Really dug Trent Seven's promo about going after Walter.

Hunt/Mastiff vs. Gallus was good fun.

Toni vs. Candy Floss was my favourite Toni Storm match so far. I'm amazed Nina Samuels managed to find someone to say that she was their favourite wrestler.

Has no-one told Dragunov that he's not built like Joe Coffey? He's still a load of fun though.

WALTER vs. Trent in Cardiff, please and thank you.

My mind was kind of wandering due to other shit so I wasn't fully paying attention to nearly anything from today's show.

What I saw of Imperium vs. T-bone/Huxley was ok. Felt weird to push the latter as a face team.

Jinny/Xia stared off ok, but kind lost a bit by the end.

The Toni/KLR segment didn't do much for me.

Did enjoy the backstage segments with Gallus and Imperium. I like how imperium can't even be bothered to take Seven seriously.

What I saw of Andrews/Ohno seemed nice, especially the last few minutes.

Dar/Williams was good. Dar is a smug prick and I dug whenever Williams turned that back on him. Only thing that bothered me was maybe the overuse of dives on Williams part.

The 6-woman tag was pretty darn fun and a nice showcase for all involved. Loved how KLR kept doing her damnedest to avoid Toni at all costs.

WALTER/Seven was awesome. Loved seeing Seven so fired up, and Walter getting more and more annoyed as Seven continued to defy him by simply surviving . I adored the finish. Walter was just murdering poor Seven until the referee stoppage.

Edited by Eivion

Trent Seven's going from fired up, to desperate to dead was a thing of beauty, that match was everything I hoped it would be. If someone could slap Marcel Barthel for that smirk as the show went off air, I'd really appreciate that.

Dar vs. Williams was pretty fun, too. Good choice for the finish, I thought.

I hope they're building to Mastiff vs. Coffey at Takeover, I just want to see two big nasty bastards batter each other somewhere on that card; and since Seven vs. WALTER has already been, that's my next, best hope.

• Like 1

Great show this week. Mastiff vs Coffey may not happen at Takeover, but it's going to happen.

Trent Seven fighting with all his heart to avenge his injured protege was outstanding storytelling.

• Like 1

Didn't pay much attention to whoever Gallus squashed. Seemed decent enough. I do like them throwing out the challenge to GYV.

The opening with Imperium and Bate was nice. Definitely looking forward to bate/Walter though nt quite as much as I did Seven/Walter. Seven's promo building that one up was just way too damn good.

The video building KLR/Toni was decent enough aside from whatever weird emotion Toni's face was trying to convey half the way. Toni is at her best when she is just exuding confidence opposed to trying to be relatable.

Devlin/Wolfe was solid though heel vs. heel matches are always a bit weird to me.

Dar/Smith was decent

Xia/Piper vs. Jinny/Jazzy was nice enough. Hopefully if Piper/Rhea is continuing then they get a stip match.

Dug the tag titles setup for Takeover.

Mastiff/Coffey was pretty fun with two beefy bruisers going at it and the body part injuries being done well to set up comeback for both at the appropriate times.

Solid show

Coffey/Webster was decent.

Nina/Isla was solid and probably the best showcase either has had so far in NXT UK.

Dug seeing Walter torture trainees.

Ohno/Dragunov was pretty solid by the end though I'm still not fully into Dragunov yet.