DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Rampage vs Coffey is coming up tomorrow.

Yeah, last time Dragunov spoiled it for them , now we'll have the real rubber match! I think who ever wins this one, should pretty much be Dragunov's first challenger, unless WALTER gets his rematch quickly.

11 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Another solid episode this week. Loved the Aoife/Jinny no DQ match, good stuff and enjoying Aoife's ongoing rise.  Nice long main event as well.

Aoife got lucky escaping a potential knee injury, I mean at least she was able to walk and stand on her own after the match. All three matches were good, main event was quite the battle! I do like the "punch an already unconscious opponent in the face until the ref stops it" as a finish. I think we have a new #1 contender here.

• Like 1

4 matches in an hour show, and one of them (Ben Carter vs Lucky Kid) even had length. It was like watching Dark.

You think, two years ago the NXT:UK Women's roster had Rhea Ripley, Toni Storm, Viper Niven and Kay Lee Ray on top, with Jinny, Xia Brookside and Nina Samuels underneath. Whereas now, you have Meiko Satomura, Pea Beastly, Millie McKenzie and Aoife Valkyrie on top, with Jinny, Xia Brookside and Nina Samuels underneath. Sucks to be them, I suppose.

Oh, so it's going to be THIS kind of suspension for Davenport? Ok, then. So, if Valkyrie is out, then maybe she gets eventually reinstated, beats Emilia McKenzie and maybe roughs her up after the match to draw the ire of Meiko?

Rampage Brown should be the #1 contender already, but odds are he'll walk away with the victory next week, anyway.

Pretty Deadly have become the most credible tag team in the division. Plus, I think they have already had more successful title defences than any other NXT UK tag team champions so far. I guess they should go through Symbiosis and Mastiff&Starz and then they have pretty much ran the gauntlet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The main event this week, Rampage Brown vs Nathan Frazier vs a kid, is definitely worth watching. 

The other two matches, nah. I counted all the moves and holds in Jinny vs Isla Dawn, and not including strikes, irish whips and turnbuckle smashes, there was a Snapmare Takeover, a Pendulum Facebreaker, an attempted STF, and an X Factor face slam. And that was it. It went more than five minutes, and there were three actual wrestling moves successfully performed in the match.

• Sad 1

This week's episode was the best one in ages, thanks to Charlie Dempsey. That's what NXT UK needed. Younger, less jaded talent like him and Ben Carter/ Nathan Frazier.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AxB said:

This week's episode was the best one in ages, thanks to Charlie Dempsey. That's what NXT UK needed. Younger, less jaded talent like him and Ben Carter/ Nathan Frazier.

That finisher of Charles Dempsey, though! Holy shit!

• Like 1

Starting with this week's tapings - fans are being allowed to attend

The NHS COVID Pass is required for entry, meaning fans will have to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. Masks are also required for attendees.

Charlie Dempsey looked awesome and I was thinking how quickly his style would fit in in New Japan. 

NXT UK is a really sneaky good show. I assume it's not long for this world so better enjoy it while we can. 

That said, something very sad seeing Bate and Seven basically live in purgatory on this show considering how hot their act was during the Brit Wres comeback. 

5 hours ago, Hagan said:

That said, something very sad seeing Bate and Seven basically live in purgatory on this show considering how hot their act was during the Brit Wres comeback. 

As good as Ilja/WALTER II was I'm still befuddled Bate wasn't the one built up for a rematch with WALTER. Bate was probably no. 3 behind WALTER and Dunne as the most popular guy in NXT UK.

They did it in NXT UK, in like Cardiff.

I mean, it had already happened before they ever got to NXT UK as well, it was a bigtime main event for Progress beforehand, but you could also say that about Walter vs Ilja.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

They did it in NXT UK, in like Cardiff.

I mean, it had already happened before they ever got to NXT UK as well, it was a bigtime main event for Progress beforehand, but you could also say that about Walter vs Ilja.

I was talking purely in NXT UK.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, Peck said:

Dragunov/A-Kid was a war. Good fucking shit. Helped to have some fans in there too.

That sure was bad-ass! This week, Coffey vs Devlin rematch was some intense stuff as well. Obviously, that match may as well be for the No.1 contendership.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all ways to lose a title, having your tag partner cost you the belt by throwing a towel into the ring by mistake is certainly a choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though it's been around 9 months, it still felt way too soon for Pretty Deadly to drop the tag titles IMO and it didn't seem like that long ago that the last match these two teams had happened. Great match regardless. Pretty Deadly remain my favorite team, great double team moves and tag work.

Xia Brookside has been coming off pretty well in her new heel act. Dragunov/Devlin upcoming feud should be good.

• Like 2