DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Kenny Williams cemented his heel turn by shaving his beard off. Truly, this is a different time.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

They beat the Shit out of each other as did Rampage & Coffey. 

Hell yeah, they did! Looking forward to the rubber match between the latter two. Wonder how Dragunov figures into that equation? 3-way for the #1 contendership, probably?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

More then Likely. 

Meiko vs. KLR this week could be match of the week. 

I don't see a way in hell that Meiko could come up short TWICE against KLR, but if that's the case, then it has to be Valkyrie who in turn takes the title from her, eventually.

Build her back up so she can avenge her only loss so far and become the champion at one go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Jinny is supposedly a fashionista but she wrestles in her Gran’s swim trunks? Morgan hits a sweet as hell 630 and it’s one of the best I’ve ever seen. Graceful but with a big impact, even better than Evans’ in my opinion.

I can't say I'd be aware of what passes for high fashion these days, so I can't give much insight on that, but maybe since she's a heel, she really isn't nearly as fashionable she thinks she is?

Edited by Shartnado
can't instead of can

Wouldn't it be funny if in a year's time, when all the Britwres indies were back to running sold out shows, NXT-UK were still taping empty arena in BT Sport?

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Wouldn't it be funny if in a year's time, when all the Britwres indies were back to running sold out shows, NXT-UK were still taping empty arena in BT Sport?

Well, not sure if funny is the exact phrasing for it, but it's definitely a thing that might happen. I'm not sure if you were referring to a situation where they weren't trying to tape without fans but no one would want to show up, then yeah, that would be tragi-comical at the very least.

In other news, ABC-Kid is one flexible bastard if he didn't pop, sprain or tear something in that main event match ending spot. Throughout the match there was a lot of crazy stuff going on. I wasn't 100% paying attention, but it very much sucked me in by the end of the match. It's good to see A-Kid out of the rounds system for a change.

And this I will say about Primate: It takes enormous set of balls to charge straight towards a guy wielding a pair of nunchucks. I mean it ranks among the stupidest things one could do in that situation, sure, and the exact opposite of what you SHOULD be doing, but holy shit  is that one ballsy move!

Bea Preistly Blair Davenport's new finishing sequence is using a V-Trigger as a set-up move to a Kamigoye finisher. Meanwhile Kenny Williams is not only doing the Dean Ambrose rebound lariat (which fits him better, being as he's not too tall to do it like Moxley is), but also the Dean Ambrose Headlock Driver as a finish.

Say one thing about NXT-UK, say it's derivative.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Bea Preistly Blair Davenport's new finishing sequence is using a V-Trigger as a set-up move to a Kamigoye finisher. Meanwhile Kenny Williams is not only doing the Dean Ambrose rebound lariat (which fits him better, being as he's not too tall to do it like Moxley is), but also the Dean Ambrose Headlock Driver as a finish.

Say one thing about NXT-UK, say it's derivative.

Its not new. Bea has been doing that for 2-3 years now. It was her secondary finish in Stardom. I assume its become her primary in WWE because its easier to set up than the Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex.

All of this weeks matches were pretty badass! Next week, will Dragunov win the title? WTF else can happen if not that?

...oh. Apparently that. Well, fuck! That fucking sucks. Shouldn't have asked.

Edited by Shartnado
Nooooo! WALTER! Noooo!
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will Jim Cornette have a massive rant, if someone tells him that Jordan Devlin had an ironman match against a kid?

• 2 weeks later...

Super fun episode here this past week. Meiko's always great and Turner looked good in there with her. the Dani Luna/Isla Dawn match was a blast. Digging the feud between Jinny and Aoife carrying on. And the main event was fantastic. Pretty Deadly continue to be absolute greatness, my favorite team in the company. Lewis about died going flying over the top rope, that was insane. Hilarious creative finish, good stuff. Sideplate check!

41 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Super fun episode here this past week. Meiko's always great and Turner looked good in there with her. the Dani Luna/Isla Dawn match was a blast. Digging the feud between Jinny and Aoife carrying on. And the main event was fantastic. Pretty Deadly continue to be absolute greatness, my favorite team in the company. Lewis about died going flying over the top rope, that was insane. Hilarious creative finish, good stuff. Sideplate check!

Yeah, and since Moustache Mountain already has a precedent where the towel WAS thrown in, the ref had to be close to just calling for the bell. "Here we go with these cowards throwing the towel in once again... wait, you say you didn't? Are you sure? You seem like a quitter, man! I'll ask the other lad!" Them BAM!!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:56 PM, Eivion said:

Its not new. Bea has been doing that for 2-3 years now. It was her secondary finish in Stardom. I assume its become her primary in WWE because its easier to set up than the Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex.

What Eivion said.

Edited by J.T.