DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Didn't really pay much attention to Devlin's match. Like I literally have no idea who he even faced.

Was nice seeing EU get some promo time.

Xia/Rhea didn't have all of my attention at first, but they built into a decent little match as it went on. I have to admit Xia comes across way better in NXT UK than she does Stardom. Dug Viper's debut. Her vs. Rhea should be fun whenever it goes down.

Dug the segments with Jinny, Isla, & Kay Lee Ray. The build of the women's division has been a bit slow, but it is going well, especially with the added names. Really curious how Alpha Female debuts.

Andrew/Dar was pretty good until the unfortunate ending. The no contest was an interesting choice. I assume Andrews was just selling his leg Dar worked while poor Dar was actually hurt. That was a weird way to be injury with Andrews somehow clipping Dar's leg on a inverted frankensteiner. Hope we get a rematch when Dar is healthy.

The WALTER/Dunne signing was neat. Love how WALTER carries himself, and it was neat finally hearing him speak.

Edited by Eivion

I didn't know Walter could speak. That whole segment was great. Why can't all contact signings go like that.

Jinny is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. But I great she's gonna be like Velveteen Dream in the sense she'll always be an after thought for the championship. 

I think it might be impossible to boo Xia Brookside. She is a great face in period. 

EU vs. Williams/Jordan was good.

KLR/Isla was probably the best Dawn has looked in NXT so far and much better showing for Ray than her debut against Candy Floss.

Was nice to see Toni and Jinny come to blows though it feels like it should have happened just bit earlier int he build or at least in front of the crowd.

The promo from Gibson was nice. Young Grizzled Vets' reign feels like it hasn't gotten off to the best of starts with the lack of attention since their victory, but its nice to see the crowd still loving to hate them and get a reason for the absences with Gibson being hurt. Looking forward to them vs. Williams/Jordan.

Seven/Joe was pretty damn good and probably the best singles performance from either guy in NXT UK.

I loved that the phrase "those two divs" made WWE TV, and I kinda hope it sticks for Jordan and Williams. I actually think they're really fun, even if Kenny Williams is way too young to be allowed to wear Back to the Future themed pants. Love me some EU too. The tag division in general has some fun stuff in there.

Still staggered that someone won a TV Main Event with a Boston Crab in 2019. Really enjoyed the match, too.

Banks/Ohno was solid.

Piper's debut against Killer Kelly was a nice enough showcase for Piper. Kind of like that Piper is the only woman on the brand who cane make Rhea think twice about attacking.

Didn't really pay attention to Conner's match.

Toni/Jinny was solid though it felt like there was better match in them.

If I could tolerate the crowds of NXT-UK shows I'd be willing to watch more of the product. A lot of great matches happen there, but the crowds are either kinda awkwardly quiet or they're being annoying with their sing song chants.

Killer Kelly bought me as a fan in MYC2, but she hasn't really had that many opportunities to push the limits like she did there... understandably, not everyone is Meiko. This match was more so to get Piper's momentum rolling and it did that. Solid, but short and forgettable. 

Toni and Jinny have wrestled each other dozens of times before and I agree, they held back here. Jinny is great. Lanky and gawky, but she is so smash mouth and crafty that she is looks like a credible threat. That facecrusher out of the corner is brutal beauty and Toni sold it great. Never felt like Jinny was going to walk away with the title though and that's my biggest problem with how they've booked Toni. The crowds love her, that's essential if your going to be the ace, but I just cant get into her. 

I agree that Toni and Jinny have had some better matches against one another. This one was decent enough but they were definitely holding back. 

Great debut from Piper. The women’s division is stacked. 

The have announced that WALTER/Pete Dunne will have a rematch at the Tapings (Friday to be specific)

This really feels like Pete Dunne is about to be announced for SDL during the Shakeup

With the setup and every match but the main event being NXT vs. NXT UK I assume this was taped at Axxess/Worlds Collide WM week. None of the matches were anything special, but everything was decently fun. The segments building up Mastiff/Wolfgang, Rhea/Viper, and Jinny were all nice and short. I dug Gibson trying to sell the match with Jordan and Williams as an exhibition not worth Grizzled Young Vets full attention. Made the eventual walkout/count out loss make sense. I'm looking forward to the rematch for the tag belts.

I really don't think we are getting the full Jinny in NXT UK.  As a wrestler yes but the levels of how hated she was in Progress and other places hasn't been reached just yet

Two ibig debuts from the tapings

Spoiler
Also Jazzy Gabbert is finally making her NXT UK debut at these tapings

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 5

Guest Edwin
8 hours ago, hammerva said:

Hide contents

Oh...

Spoiler

Ringkampf!

Please get these guys in NXT.

Ringkampf vs. the Undisputed ERA at TakeOver would be golden.

Edited by Edwin

Watched last week's show finally.  Two main takeaways, Mastiff is a big boy, but there's no reason to feed him someone taller than him until absolutely necessary.  He looked like a shorter Owens out there.  Right down to the cannonball finisher.

(I have not read the taping results, but....)  Part of my antipathy to Pete Dunne, and I know I'm relatively alone on this island, is he's fine, but I'm tired of seeing him just doing his mean mugging and finger breaking routine with the same 5 guys.  Now that he lost the belt, I don't want him anywhere near the UK Title - probably ever again.  What's the point of making the whole big deal about NO REMATCHES, if you just turn around and do a goddamned rematch within two months of that decree?    Do they really have no one else?