DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I'd just like to point out that unless they edited out others that handprint was off of one chop.  ONE CHOP!  That was just insane to see how that did his chest in like that.

Which reminds me:  Who was the awesome person that took Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power" album cover and put Walter on it?  Because that was exactly what that was.  And I'm also curious if that was seen by Walter.

• Like 2

Watch Moustache Mountain/EU from this weeks episode of NXT UK. Another great match from EU. They and 1-2 are my favorites tag teams at the moment. Just one good match after another from both teams regardless of the opponents.

It's kinda funny and very WWE to have an official theme version of a ~120 year old symphonic movement that's one of the most famous in the world, but hey, at least the eventual Wrestlemania entrance suggests itself. They have room for an orchestra, right?

• Like 3

Caught this week's episode last night. That was my first Walter match, and so far I like him.

EU vs. MM wsas reat. I will be sad if we don't get a six-man tag in the next couple of months with Walter and Dunne added.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Caught this week's episode last night. That was my first Walter match, and so far I like him.

EU vs. MM wsas reat. I will be sad if we don't get a six-man tag in the next couple of months with Walter and Dunne added.

Given that EU and WALTER backstage segment, they pretty much confirmed what we've been speculating for a while now -- EU will be WWE's version of Ringkampf and it will lead to an EU vs. British Strong Style vs. Gallus feud with the main focus being on EU vs. BSS.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, Edwin said:

Given that EU and WALTER backstage segment, they pretty much confirmed what we've been speculating for a while now -- EU will be WWE's version of Ringkampf and it will lead to an EU vs. British Strong Style vs. Gallus feud with the main focus being on EU vs. BSS.

I am all in for all of this. Just caught the episode with WALTERs debut and holy crap did he come off like a fucking killer. He had the perfect opponent too, as he just towered over that guy and threw him around like he was a child. I think my favorite part of the match was the look on this girl in the crowd's face after WALTER finally killed that poor bastard where she's just awestruck at this big son of a bitch killing that little fella. More please!

• Like 1

Ligero/Andrews was fun.

Candy/Xia was a nice little match. Dug the post match attack from Rhea and the failed save by Toni.

I like that they are building Jinny up in the background as the next challenger for the belt.

Thought Mark got maybe a bit too much offense on Walter, but Walter looked wonderful murdering him several times.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:40 PM, Hagan said:

Candy vs Xia may have the most overload of cute ever in a ring. It was like watching cotton candy fight.

I know, I know - settle down  Haganetico

Won't get that out of me as I was thinking the same thing.  I'm hoping this leads to them teaming up as they would be pretty damn popular.   Rhea beating them down could be the start of that for all we know.

Thought Jinny/Yim was the best Jinny has looked yet. She isn't a favorite yet, but I'm enjoying her work and the build up they have been giving her in background while Storm and Rhipley feud.

Dunne/Wolfgang was good fun.

Kind of wondering if Ohno is transferring to the UK brand after his promo tonight on regular NXT. Looking forward to him vs. Walter regardless.

Coffeys vs. Andrews/Webster was good.

Dug the teases for Samuels and Kay Lee Ray. The former hasn't really impressed me yet, but the the latter is going to be fun to watch when they have her properly debut.

Grizzled Young Vets promo was decent. Its shame Gibson doesn't inspire the same level of natural hate in the US that he does in the UK.

Toni/Rhea was nice, probably the best Rhea has looked in their matches.

I liked this week's episode, but it felt a notch below the usual quality being away from the British crowd. Feels like you take the exact same matches and put them on in England and the crowd brings it up a notch. Especially the Grizzled Young Vets(I really can't see them without hearing the good brothers song in my head)segment.

Toni vs Rhea was great. Both of them, especially Rhea are huge stars waiting to happen.

BRING ON KASSIUS VS WALTER

• Like 2

Yeah if I never see this brand in front of cold US crowds again i'll be okay with that. Maybe it is good learning experience for the talent, but it makes for lousy TV. 

I have been underwhelmed by the Storm/Ripley series more than likely because I am not a big fan of Storm. I am in agreement with the overall sentiment that Ripley is a potential future megastar however.

Can't wait for WALTER/Ohno to tear it up. 

Not a fan of Toni nor Rhea, but they worked a pretty decent match. It didnt feel "big" maybe because they've clashed several times before and the crowd wasnt that hot, but it was snug and I bought into their hatred thanks to Rhea's intensity. I hate Toni's German suplexes, her headbutt, her dives, and her tiger bomb. None of it looks crisp, hurty, or impactful enough for her to convincingly work her opponent down and put them away with that stuff. I think Rhea works smart, her offensive choices fit her style (love that Kondo clutch), but her selling can be a little annoying because she overdoes it and looks kinda goofy at times. Not sure where they go from here as they've built Toni up so strong that I cant see Jinny or a debuting Kay Lee being serious contenders.

Speaking of Kay Lee Ray, jeez that accent is thick. 

4 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

They showed Jazzy Gabert in the crowd at Takeover, she feels like an immediately via threat.

Reveal hidden contents

Or Piper Niven is rumoured to be joining, again instantly credible.

If both women are signed than, yes, I feel both potentially are Toni's biggest threats. I can see her running a program with Isla or Jinny as a lead in to either of those 2 chasing the strap. 

• Like 2