DVDVR Message Board

NJPW THE NEW BEGINNING 2019

Archibald

This year is bigger with extra USA shows. Not all cards have been released so far so I'll probably update this post later with USA cards and if something interesting is announced for Road To shows.

Road to The New Beginning 28th of January:

Ren Narita/Nakanishi vs Yuya Uemura/Yota Tsuji
Henare/Tenzan vs Umino/Yoshida
Taguchi/Honma/Yano/Makabe vs Ishimori/Chase/GoD
Yoshi/Okada vs Yujiro/Fale
Kushida/Tanahashi vs Gedo/White
LiJ vs Suzuki Gun Elimination match

Road to The New Beginning 29th of January:

Ren Nerita vs Yuya Uemura
Nakanishi/Tenzan vs Umino/Yoshida
Taguchi/Henare vs Ishimori/Yujiro
Honma/Yano/Makabe vs Chase/GoD
Yoshi/Okada vs Fale/White
LiJ vs Suzuki Gun
Tanahashi vs Kushida

Sapporo Day 1:

Ren Narita vs Yuya Uemura
Henare/Nakanishi vs Umino/Yoshida
Tiger Mask/Tenzan vs Taka/Iizuka
Taguhi/Yoshi/Honma/Yano/Makabe vs Ishimori/Chase/Yujiro/GoD
Shingo/Bushi/Naito vs Desperado/Kanemaru/Taichi
Sanada vs Suzuki
Evil vs ZSJ
Tanahashi/Okada vs White/Fale

Sapporo Day 2:

Henare vs Yota Tsuji
Tiger Mask/Nakanishi vs Umino/Yoshida
Ren Narita/Tenzan vs Taka/Iizuka
Taguchi/Honma/Makabe/Yano vs Ishimori/Yujiro/GoD
Tanahashi/Okada/Yoshi vs White/Fale/Chase
Shingo/Bushi vs Desperado/Kanemaru
Evil/Sanada vs Suzuki/ZSJ
Naito vs Taichi

Road to The New Beginning 9th of February:

Tenzan/Yota Tsuji vs Umino/Yoshida
Yoshi vs Ren Nerita
Henare/Honma vs Chase/Yujiro
Bushi/Sanada/Evil vs Desperado/Kanemaru/Suzuki
Shingo/Naito vs Taka/Taichi
Taguchi/Yano/Makabe/Okada/Tanahashi vs Ishimori/GoD/Fale/White Elimination match

Osaka:

Liger/Kojima/Tenzan vs Taka/Iizuka/Suzuki
Evil/Sanada vs Umino/Yoshida
Shingo/Bushi/Naito vs Desperado/Kanemaru/Taichi
Yoshi/Honma vs Chase/Yujiro
Yano/Makabe vs GoD
Taguchi vs Ishimori
Okada vs Fale
Tanahashi vs White

When they announced USA shows they said that it'll feature guys who are not on this show. I think that Ospreay is doing something in UK during this period so entire USA tour will be basically on Juice/Finlay and Best Friends? The fuck?

Edit: Ishii and Nagata are not on these shows, so thats in USA?

29 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Yeah, forgot about Cobb/Goto as well. So probably for USA: Juice vs Beretta, Finlay vs Chucky, Nagata vs Ishii, Cobb vs Goto. Actually not that bad.

Add to that: SHO & YOH and the Killer Elite Squad aren't on any of these shows. Neither is Ospreay (like you mentioned) or Marty Scurll. Neither is Hikuelo. You've got the young lions like Kawata and Oka too, but they're both on excursion in different countries. Robbie Eagles too, but who knows if he is even considered to be on the New Japan roster these days. Maybe ROH loans out some talent to pad out the card? I don't know.

I'm for sure not driving two hours if those are the marquee matches. The ONLY match I would drive that far and spend money to see live is Nagata/Ishii, and that's only because Yuji Nagata is one of my favorite wrestlers and he got me into the Japanese scene waaaay back in 2003/2004.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:28 AM, Archibald said:

What do I need to do to get matches against heavyweights? Is the question that I'm sure Kushida asked many times, and looks like the answer was "leave" :D

*as he promptly gets placed on 205 Live

*205 Live is not a knock on the wrestlers comprising the CW division, but its been stated before, the division is completely unnecessary when wrestlers of similar weight (Bryan, Rollins, Balor, AJ) have never been part of the division. More of the 205 roster should be intergrated into Raw and SD. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He got really emotional. And was saying stuff like "I don't know why I'm crying, I'm happy with my decision"

If he's happy with it than that's all that matters. I'm disapppointed this means the end of Time Machine. For having never teamed before the Super Juniors, I thought he and Sabin looked really good together. First Shelley, now Kushida. When will Chris Sabin stop being left high and dry?

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

*205 Live is not a knock on the wrestlers comprising the CW division, but as it's been stated before, the division is completely unnecessary when wrestlers of similar weight (Bryan, Rollins, Balor, AJ) have never been part of the division. More of the 205 roster should be intergrated into Raw and SD. 

How would being integrated into already full rosters help them?

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To help eliminate the stigma to WWE audiences of the CW division being beneath everyone else

That won't happen until WWE treats 205Live as its own entity like NXT instead of attaching it to SDL tapings which puts it in the same boat as Heat/Velocity/Main Event/etc.

• Like 1

Added Road To Cards that look somewhat interesting. Weird thing is that they have first MVP match (I think every other appearances together this year had third man on their team) and Shingo/Kanemaru, Bushi/Desperado singles matches on shows that won't be streamed. And I'm not sure if last elimination match will be streamed or not since they haven't updated their schedule yet, but I think most of them get streamed.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

*205 Live is not a knock on the wrestlers comprising the CW division, but as it's been stated before, the division is completely unnecessary when wrestlers of similar weight (Bryan, Rollins, Balor, AJ) have never been part of the division. More of the 205 roster should be intergrated into Raw and SD. 

Sure, but I meant that more in NJPW's context. He probably would have loved to get this match last year or year before, but he gets it when he is leaving.

• 2 weeks later...