DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

Re: The Volador Jr./Casas match, I thought it was a hard and fast rule that luchadores that lost their masks couldn't wear them anymore? What's with Volador getting away with wearing his for half the match? And btw, unmasked he looks even more of a prick than he does with his crappy attire...

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Re: The Volador Jr./Casas match, I thought it was a hard and fast rule that luchadores that lost their masks couldn't wear them anymore? What's with Volador getting away with wearing his for half the match? And btw, unmasked he looks even more of a prick than he does with his crappy attire...

That bit confused me, as well. 

I really dug the match. Their spots were simple, safe, and meaningful. The crowd was into it. Two consummate pros. (and kicking a midget before the match is a great way to build dat rudo heat)

• Like 1

This match is wild.  El Hijo del Fishman is awesome in this.  Stick around for his Death Valley Bomb into the third row at the 22 minute mark.  The angry grampas in this are awesome too.

--------------------------------

This is a bit sloppy because it looks like Vikingo concusses himself by banging the back his head on the top rope but it does have enough highspot lunacy to cover for it.

---------------------------

Two Australian brothers have a very stiff match in Australia.

This starts all indie-riffic and lowgrade lucha loose, but when the lunatic highspots kick in it makes it worth it.  Multifacetico is awesome being a rudo that is  a better highflyer than the technicos and lets them know it.

-----------------------------

It's BASARA~!  Monkey World against three other dudes.

---------------------------------------

Awesome!  More Basara!  Washida will kick the dogcrap out of you.

----------------------------

This match is a hoot.

Not the most concise match in the world but it does hint at the LA Park Jr/Rey Fenix feud that the world needs.  Jr's Lightning Bones get-up is awesome.

--------------------------------

This is a good match of Lucha Libre,  Multifacetico is awesome on the mat with Trauma II- so that's two matches in a row where Multifacetico is the best thing in the match.

For the NWA Women's Title, Allysin Kay vs Heather Monroe.

--------------------------------------

Mr Iguana returns to the internet.

-----------------------------

Miyu Yamashita is all stiff in this.

Two lucha promotions ran within half an hour away from each other last night. One show had a bunch of AAA stars (Texano Jr, Pagano, Golden Magic, Faby Apache, Lady Shani, etc.) and the other had motherfucking El Hijo del Santo~! (I've always wanted to use that since I originally started reading the Road Reports 20 years ago... Fuck, I'm old). But the show also had Lance Archer, El Hijo de LA Park, Rocky Star JR., and Andrew Everett. And it was so worth it just to see how over El Hijo del Santo is with this crowd.

Everett opened the show with a local kid Logan Austin who has improved greatly over the last year and I would say is one of the top guys currently in Colorado although my main local viewing consists of lucha and deathmatch wrestling so I might be missing people in some of the other promotions. ANYWAYS, I'm going to post some of the other matches later but here is Logan Austin Vs. Andrew Everett:

I dig this Mick Moretti guy from Australia.

---------------------------

In Lion's Pride in Texas, they work stiff.

----------------------

Even more quality wrestling from Australia.

Hey! Sendai Girls posted some matches. Here is Chihiro Hashimoto and Sareeee against each other in a tag with youngster tiny partners.

-----------------------------------

And your main event.

-----------------------

More Stardom in French.  Tam Nakano is all spunky and what-not.

---------------------------------

Dulce Gardenia creates a MeToo moment with Mije.

------------------------------

Haven't seen the Black Family in forever, but here they are against the New Age Dinamitas.

Awesome!  More Colorado lady bar wrestling.

------------------------------------

Oh man, this match is good.  Stick all your non-hilarious wrestlers in a match and DDT will deliver THIS.  Yuto Aijimo somehow upstages Konosuke Takashita in this.

LA Park Jr is soooo the better son.

----------------------------------------------

This is wild and then weird.

-------------------------

Hey!  Yo-Hey vs Hayata for the belt!

Nakajima and Shiozaki beat the hell out of each other and it is awesome.