DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just watched it again and there were a total of four wrestling moves in that whole match: a suplex, the Spanish Fly (which was very ill-advised on Atomick's part), the dive, and the Martinete. And yet they made it work. 

Yeah, those four moves are what keep it from being the best match in the history of Puerto Rico.

• Haha 3

Air Wolf, Mike Elgin, two other guys wrestle in Chicago,

------------------------------------

Vikingo is all spectacular and shit.  Poder Del Norte is a good batch of rudos.

-----------------------

Aww, Kagetsu.

Man, I don't even know if I'd consider it "good" but it was violent and fun as shit. Some real dangerous, as in unintentional and sloppy, stuff - particularly the gutwrench turned into a fucking spike on a man that is well over 3 hundo lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

It's such a fun match.  I can't recommend it enough.

A lot of people debate if it was supposed to be the finish and I totally think it was - I think they might have messed it up and redid the spot, they just put enough stuff in between that people don't notice.

Edited by Tromatagon

Should probably explain the rules even though they're demonstrated.

Whoever breaks the light tube loses.  But you can also win by pin or submission.

If I bust the tube over your head by me swinging it, that would be me breaking the tube.  I'd lose.

If I threw you onto the tube, I'd win.  You're going through it.  If I landed on the tube by accident, well shit.  I'd lose.

If I put the light tube on top of you and jump on it, I'd lose because I'd be the one going through it.

Edited by Tromatagon

I wanted to see more of this heel Fujita midlife crisis run so dug this up. It opens with a clip of Fujita knocking out Inamura, the fat mohawk NOAH dude with consecutive rights and lefts then puts him in his submission while he's out, which is a hilarious setup. Then they show Sugiura in the ring wearing a shirt with the dog from the DOGE meme on it! Match itself is simple but fun, Fujita plays the prick again, staring at Taniguchi with no contact for like a minute and a half before locking up. Sugiura follows Taniguchi in the ring while he's on the outside with his arms extended like a ball player defending against a shot. It's so incredibly dickish.

And of course they beat the fuck out of each other too.

Oh man I am loving this new Fujita. Here he shows why they call him Iron Head as he busts Taniguchi open hardway. His finish is soccer-kicking people until he can put on a sleeper, how can you beat that? Suzuki needs to jump over to NOAH so Fujita can be his tag partner.

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...