DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

That finish tho!

Spoiler

How in the fuck did Bea beat a Japanese worker in a championship match with the Ocean Cyclone Suplex and win the title without inciting a riot?

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

That finish tho!

Hide contents

How in the fuck did Bea beat a Japanese worker in a championship match with the Ocean Cyclone Suplex and win the title without inciting a riot?

Spoiler

Other than some Western joshi fans who mostly already hate Bea and Toyota herself most don't seem to have an issue with it. Taka mocked Toyota about it when she was complaining. Even Rossy Ogawa kind of blew it off with a fake half apology saying they will change the name (its called the Queen's Landing under Bea). I don't really think Toyota or the move were held on as some sort of sacred cow to Japanese fans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eivion said:
  Hide contents

Other than some Western joshi fans who mostly already hate Bea and Toyota herself most don't seem to have an issue with it. Taka mocked Toyota about it when she was complaining. Even Rossy Ogawa kind of blew it off with a fake half apology saying they will change the name (its called the Queen's Landing under Bea). I don't really think Toyota or the move were held on as some sort of sacred cow to Japanese fans.

Why do they hate Bea Priestley?

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Why do they hate Bea Priestley?

Various reasons. You have some who dislike her general push as one Stardom's top wrestlers. They had this issue with Toni Storm as well. Some think Bea is sloppy and dangerous as a wrestler though I haven't seen her look particularly sloppy in well over a year (I only watch her Stardom work to be fair). Of course these same people likely love Asuka/Kana who was sloppy and dangerous as fuck the first two years she was wrestling the style we see her use today (she broke someone's orbital bone).  Some just don't enjoy Bea as a wrestler which is fine. Others dislike her for the general rumors surrounding her and Ospreay as going after other indy women she dislikes for whatever reason. I'm not sure how truthful that one is though there is likely some truth to it in the case of Sadie Gibbs who supposedly got into some altercation with Bea backstage at All Out. This would have been over issues from earlier this year with Ospreay trying to torpedo Gibbs's career after Gibbs left her Stardom tour early w/o permission. She was grieving and needed to go to a funeral. Stardom basically kept trying to ignore her because they already booked a title match or two with her.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

To expand, I feel like westerners in Japan get a lot of hate from diehards because they have this uneducated view that Japanese wrestling is for Japanese only. You get it with fans of NJPW, AJPW, Stardom, all sorts. I'm not saying all of the hate on Bea is from this, and Eivion listed some valid and less valid reasons above, but I am strongly of the mind that this bullshit reasoning is at play some of the time too. Fucking noobs not knowing that foreigners have always played a key role in Japanese wrestling for both genders. God damn weeaboos. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

To expand, I feel like westerners in Japan get a lot of hate from diehards because they have this uneducated view that Japanese wrestling is for Japanese only. You get it with fans of NJPW, AJPW, Stardom, all sorts. I'm not saying all of the hate on Bea is from this, and Eivion listed some valid and less valid reasons above, but I am strongly of the mind that this bullshit reasoning is at play some of the time too. Fucking noobs not knowing that foreigners have always played a key role in Japanese wrestling for both genders. God damn weeaboos. 

I wonder what those "diehards"  would say if somebody mentioned Hansen, Brody, Funk, etc.  I'm unfortunately not as in touch with Japanese wrestling as I'd like to be but  even I know that foreigners have been an integral part of it since at least the Rikidozan days (unaware of it earlier than that)

Edited by NikoBaltimore

36 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Puro Woke twitter wants all the Gaijins gone. Also most of them are pretending to be diehards that followed Puroresu for years when none of them posted on any site to my recollection.

Just contrarians.

It's the fucking worst. Naito fans from that corner endlessly ripping on whatever success Omega got. Like Naito has exactly killed it when getting his chances. The worst of the lot seem to be the Noah nerdlingers who lap up the concussion violence and love them not having any prominent outsiders. 

• Like 1

This is El Hijo de Fishman vs Super Xtrar and it is an action packed brawl all through the... circus tent?

----------------------------

TJ Perkins vs Jake Atlas in Wilmington, CA.

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

Puro Woke twitter wants all the Gaijins gone. Also most of them are pretending to be diehards that followed Puroresu for years when none of them posted on any site to my recollection.

Just contrarians.

To play Devil's Advocate, if I can think of one era of Japanese Wrestling that didn't have many (or any) foreigners, it would be the era of AJW Dream Slams & Big Egg Wrestling Universe. Monster Ripper was gone, Madusa had gone to WCW to be a valet, and there didn't seem to be any female wrestlers coming up for them to use. So if that was your first experience of watching Japanese Wrestling, it might possibly make you think that having no gaijins was normal. But it really isn't.

ANYWAY, Tim Thatcher vs Minoru Suzuki!

Edited by AxB

Chilean pro wrestling is very NOAH influenced- or maybe NOAH liked Chilean wrestlers because they work so stiff.  Anyway, this is the first night of a tag tournament last night and it is thus all very stiff.  Watch all of it if get some spare time.

--------------------

Daga vs Puma King in PCW Ultra.

https://youtu.be/DBOKkfaWCmM?list=WL&t=277

--------------------

NOAH show streamed earlier today.

DNA Wrestling Project 4 FULL SHOW:

• CARD:
  • NO DQ match Big FN Joe vs Arron Warnes
  • Harley Rae vs Mercedes Blaze
  • Harry Mant vs Sean Kustoms
  • Chairs Match: The Lads vs Vegan Chilli and Over Dexter vs Ash Draven
  • Tate Mayfairs vs Josef Kafka
  • Main Event David Starr vs Corey McRae

6 hours ago, AxB said:

To play Devil's Advocate, if I can think of one era of Japanese Wrestling that didn't have many (or any) foreigners, it would be the era of AJW Dream Slams & Big Egg Wrestling Universe. Monster Ripper was gone, Madusa had gone to WCW to be a valet, and there didn't seem to be any female wrestlers coming up for them to use. So if that was your first experience of watching Japanese Wrestling, it might possibly make you think that having no gaijins was normal. But it really isn't.

Uhm, Terri Powers is on both Dream Slams. Poor Debbie Malenko was injured just a month before them. Reggie Bennett wrestled Chigusa on at Big Egg Wrestling Universe. She joined AJW in late 93/early 94.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Uhm, Terri Powers is on both Dream Slams. Poor Debbie Malenko was injured just a month before them. Reggie Bennett wrestled Chigusa on at Big Egg Wrestling Universe. She joined AJW in late 93/early 94.

OK, then anyone who says their shouldn't be foreigners in Japanese Wrestling has no legs to stand on. Fair enough.

1 hour ago, paul sosnowski said:

Thatcher vs Suzuki was last year   10/13/18

It was only uploaded to YouTube this week though. It was only on OTT's on demand service before that.

• Like 1