DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

The only thing that bugs me is that the commentators are selling the match like there was never such a thing as Team PAWG.

I am sad that I had to discover the Wildchild Jody Threat vs. Veda Scott curtain jerker on my own.  It was a perfectly acceptable match between two big redhead gals. 

I had to laff and  laff and laff when the commentary dudes tried to paint that match as a duel of speed vs. strength.  Veda Scott has a speed advantage?  Have you seen her badonkadonk lately?

Comparing speed between Veda and Jody is like arguing that Left Twix tastes more chocolatey than Right Twix.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Su Yung and SAKI doing a zombie gimmick in DDT is pretty fucking great.  Should have eaten the brain of the referee.

-----------------

Dr Cerebro, Black Terry, Freelance- everything to love about IWRG.  (The match afterward is a wacky spotfest.)

----------------------

Hammerstone in NOAH.  Oh man, the Go Shiozaki vs Masa Kitomiya match is pretty balls out,

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Su Yung and SAKI doing a zombie gimmick in DDT is pretty fucking great.  Should have eaten the brain of the referee.

Or have Onryo pull the ref through the mat floor.

Su and SAKI need to bring that to Impact so that I can see it on normal television.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I take it you don't watch any Dragons Gate? He is still a regular fixture there as far as I can tell in results.

I just watch the undercard they stream.  I've probably seen him but didn't recognize him.

Oh man, Shotzi Blackheart and Elayna Black are soooo the skankiest, clove-cigarette-scented heel tag team I've seen in a while.  They should come out to "Shake Me" by Cinderella..

-----------------------

Hey, it dawned on me that Johnny Mundo is a poor man's Shawn Michaels.  This is good.

----------------------

More proof that LA Park Jr is the finest true son of LA Park.  Divo just totally destroys the first three rows on a tope.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:59 AM, DEAN said:

I just watch the undercard they stream.  I've probably seen him but didn't recognize him.

He had a good title reign awhile back as a final hurrah for an old vet.

• Like 1

Hey! Diasuke Harada vs Chris Ridgeway for the IPW title.

--------------------------

I dig old Genome guy, Keisuke Okuda.  Here he is in the Dragon Gate undercard.

-----------------------

Poder del Norte is a great rudo trio.  Here they are against a great technico trio.

------------------------

Hey! A rematch with just as much blood on the white Medico Asesino mask.

• Like 1

Zumbi is Mister Crazylegs!

-----------------------

This is fucking epic.

------------------

Bandido vs Flamita in a basement in Mexico.

-----------------

AAA Battle Of The Highspots.  Hint:  Vikingo  might be your winner!

On 8/31/2019 at 2:22 PM, DEAN said:

Goddam.  Dr Wagner isn't afraid to bleed.

Neither is his sangre (heh), apparently. Also never expected to see the equivalent of a Ganso Bomb in a AAA match. Man, those announcers were treating this one like the building was on fire and all the doors were barred.

• Like 1

Hey!  Alex Hammerstone is adapting to the Japanese style pretty well.

-----------------------------------------

Hammerstone vs Go Shiozaki.  This match is really good.  Hammersmith with someone to him guide is really good.

--------------------------------------------

Mochizuki vs Nakajima.

Su Yung in DDT is a match made in heaven.  She even makes a match with Maki Ito, who is usually annoying, interesting.  This match is like a fairy tale.

------------------------

El Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr versus Taniguchi in the N-1.

-------------------------

From the Stardoms, Mayu Iwatani vs  Saki Kashima, en francais.

----------------------------

Brian Pillman Jr in the California indies.

David Starr in Suffolk, England.

-------------

Shinzaki and Michinoku Pro at the CIA Summer Festival!  Yep.

---------------

Hey! Azteca from WOW is wrestling in Tokyo Joshi Pro.  I didn't know that she was born in the Phillipines and was trained by Lance Storm.  FOR THE BELT!

• Like 1