DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

T-Hawk in some Texas indie up against two Booker T proteges.  TEXAS!

------------------------

Traumas versus Caifans again and it's just as matastic.

-----------------------

Mr Iguana returns to my wrestling youtube feed!  (THEN Ricky Marvin in 2019.)

Huh, a Nova Scotian indie BattlARTS approximation.  With my favorite referee.

-------------------------

Awesome!  Evil jailbait Rok-C cheats to win in the best Texas indie (prolly), Lions Den.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ3tq1VJk4E

Moonshine Mantell versus Nobe Bryant for the Lions Den belt.  So Texas is the secret great indie area in America.

--------------------------

DDT, which owns all of Tokyo Joshi pro, opt for  tag match with their in-house gal and a freelancer to take on two wee lasses from Actwres Girl'Z.  Either way, it's pretty good in a usual DDT filthy inide way.

-----------------------------

More Texas indies- ROW.  PJ Hawx is Luke Hawx' son and Cagematch says Luke Hawx is 38 years old.  I think someone is lying,

---------------------------

Sabotage Wrestling is from California according to Cagematch but they run pretty much exclusively in Texas now.  Erica Torres wrestles in Texas and Oklahoma.  Leyla Hirsch is a Combat Zone wrestler.  This is good.

Orange Cassidy vs Darin Corbin:

Must be terrible to spend years and years trying to make a name for yourself, and then some football player signs with WWE and steals the name you were trying to make. And makes it synonymous with sucking terribly.

• Like 1

This match is a nigh perfect death match.  Will Allday is a true bumpfreak.  From Booker T's Houston promotion.

Oh man, this streetfight is harder edged and not bump-based like the one above but just as good.  From San Antonio from Lions Pride Sports.

--------------------

Your Moonshine Mantell match of the day.  I dig this Nate Jolly guy (from Corpus Christi!)  WAAAY overbooked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Orange Cassidy vs Darin Corbin:

Must be terrible to spend years and years trying to make a name for yourself, and then some football player signs with WWE and steals the name you were trying to make. And makes it synonymous with sucking terribly.

That's actually a Rob Naylor thing. He suggested the name to Baron obviously making a funny on Darin, not that it probably makes much difference to the latter.

From the beloved dirtbag indie BASARA!  Monkey boy versus monkey boy for the Pro Wrestling Union championship.

--------------------

From Chicago's Galli promotion.  This is good.

--------------------

Your Moonshine Mantell match of the day.

From the Frog and Bucket in Manchester, England: Chris Brookes & Kyle Fletcher vs No Fun Dunne & Mark Davis. This match breaks the world record for most swearing on commentary in a Wrestling match.

• Like 1

AWEESOME!  DDT imports Kyushi Pro giant lummox Kodai Nozaki to bludgeon DDT lummox Yoshimura.  Higuchi is also a giant DDT lummox.  Ueno is your token scrawny guy.

This match is a hoot.  Young Bucks vs the Lucha Bros in AAA.

----------------------------

So Shun Skywalker is the best highflyer in Dragons Gate.

-------------------------------

All!  Japan!  UNDERCARD!  From earlier today!

NOAH! STIFF!

------------------------------

In case you were wondering whatever happened to FMW's Independent Junior Heavyweight title,  it's in DDT!  Both of these guys are better than Koji Nakagawa.

Dragon Gates!  The curtain jerker in front of the beautiful stained glass.  Another Martin Kirby match.

-------------------------------

Hey!  They wrestle in Maine.  This is good.

This is one of my favorite matches of the year. Shire is a Dory Funk Jr. trainee and should be the next indy guy booked everywhere, Kingston is currently the best wrestler in the world, and this is him coming in and making the local kid look like a million bucks

Here is the Segunda Caida review

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2019/04/2019-ongoing-moty-list-kingston-vs-shire.html

• Like 1

Mamba is awesome.

Big mean lady vs big fun lady!

Enjoy some truly bizarre Maritime back hair.

This is way more violent than most ladies matches I've seen.

------------------------------------

The third good Traumas match in a row.

------------------------------------

YOU forgot how much you loved Doctor Cerebro.

Hey!  A Thunder Rosa match that doesn't annoy me.

This is a good little match.  The camera man misses Audaz crushing himself diving to the floor for your pleasure.

----------------------------

If I were 22 and lived in Denver, I would go to this bar for ladies wrestling night.

What the fuck, DDT?  Shouldn't the P-800 have chokeslammed three other Manah Connors before this one?

Hey! It's Kenou against Taniguchi from the N-1 2019! Edited for STIFFNESS!

----------------------

Usually DDT's whimsy annoys me but the whimsical elements of this match looks like it would actually hurt.  The finish is strangely spectacular.

• Like 1

Well, I certainly didn't expect today was the day I'd see the Chubby Women's Pro Wrestling (pardon?) Sarah Conner fight a wrestling Terminator. And I REALLY didn't expect to see two guys parody Takeshi Sasaki and Yuko Miyamoto having a 1000000 Lighttube Death Match with fucking Legos. All that was missing was for somebody to take their boots off and run across the mat to show how hardcore they are. And hey -- it even had a proper finish with a highspot suitable for ending the match! 

Somebody's gonna have to tell me why Kenou has "KONGO" on the ass of his trunks. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, I certainly didn't expect today was the day I'd see the Chubby Women's Pro Wrestling (pardon?) Sarah Conner fight a wrestling Terminator.

That is former Stardom and AWG wrestler and current TJPW wrestler, Yuna Manase. 

• Like 2

AQA is the stiffest working lady in the Texas indies.  Here she is wrestling seventeen year old Rok-C so AQA doesn't pummel her into paste or anything.  Still, it's a good match.

• Like 1

I thought I'd post some matches I filmed a few months ago.

Septimo Dragon and Delta Jr. Vs. Mick Moretti and Sol Azteca - IWC Legacy

Mick Moretti is not only a workhorse in the ring but a guy doing everything he can to make a name for himself. He flew out on short notice and got himself booked on this show shortly after wrestling Mania weekend. Septimo Dragon is also great in this and hits some great spots.

Low Ki Vs. Volador Jr. - IWC Legacy

Low Ki ran a training seminar earlier in the day which was fun and while nobody got to do squats with filing cabinets, everyone found out why he is in such amazing shape. He was originally supposed to wrestle Laredo Kid but his flight was delayed so they subbed in Volador Jr. The match was alright, a short sprint. Phil Schneider talked about it in Segunda Caida and I just now got around to uploading the match.

I'm going to upload some other fun goodies from the last few months like a great Puma King and Black Taurus Vs. Psycho Clown and a local luchador match. I've also got some older matches like Bandido Vs. Flamita Vs. Fenix Vs Matt Sydal and Zumbido wrestling in a granite factory lurking in my channel if it is of interest. 

Edited by ben.
  • Like 2