DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

Another title match for the belts! Kinda.

Now this was fun. It's been forever since I've seen either Inoue or Saito. NOAH's Yano does the usual and acts as a heavy bag for the opposing team, but gets some surprise pins in. Saito surprisingly still does the back suplex. Best part is when Nakajima makes Inoue run the ropes over... and over... and over...

And of course I watched the Hijos bloodfest. Estrellas del Ring is always good for that. Plus, they play the Super Astro torta shop commercial at the end again!

• Like 1

More G1:

I'll post some thoughts after I actually watch these

EDIT: Mox/Switchblade is perfectly fine. White wrestles like the sleazy weiner he is, running away, Gedo interference, I actually wanted him to go full Zybyzko on Moxley. Moxley was just sawed off. The part where he just pitched White in the air like a sack of potatoes with no regard as to how he landed was great. 

Naito/Shingo was really good until the end went into overkill mode. There was no need for a fucking Canadian Destroyer, boys. Otherwise this was a good story of interesting and innovative reversals and counters up until then. Also the wrong guy won, but whatever. Naito's almost out of the doghouse after that Ibushi match, but he still can't help himself sometimes. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Moonshine Mantell has a good little match against Mysterious Q.

----------------------------

From earlier today, DRAGON! GATE! UNDER! CARD!

God this might be the first time I looked at the DVDVR Youtube list in forever. So many matches I will never watch

Mercedes Martinez vs. Thunder Rosa

It is the same exact match - the top video is the live stream version, the bottom is taken from the iPPV

I am skimming the thread and while I saw Dean posting about Ultimo Dragon in Mexico awhile back I am not sure if the random UD in SMASH wrestling ever got posted so here

(I probably fucked up all the time stamps)

vs. Matt Cross

vs. Evil Uno

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I saw Cubs mention that Polvora did a  (worked?) stretcher job for the Kraneo splash. 

Oh yeah.

This match is awesome.  The unemployable dirtbags of Basara defend the home turf against the super-unemployable dirtbags of DOVE.  The weirdly hot large crowd makes me wonder if this is the largest audience these Dove guys have ever performed in front of.

----------------------------

Hey!  Stardom posted a match from late August.  Aging perverts, get your Hanna Kimura lifesize love pillow oiled up.

-----------------------------------------

Rampage Brown versus Shigehiro Irie!

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Hey!  Stardom posted a match from late August.

You meant July, right? I mean it would be awesome if they somehow posted a match from the future, but I just don't think they have that tech yet. Which reminds me the 5*GP starts this month. You should be on the look out for the various singles that will occur.

• Like 1

Holy shit is this match great.  Hoshiki versus Hazuki for the Wonder Of Stardom belt.  Watch two little gals beat the living dogcrap out of each other.  IN FRENCH!  Drink every time he says "Ooo la la". C'est magnifique!

----------------------

For the Brave Gate title!  Susumu Yokosuka versus Flamita!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Holy shit is this match great.  Hoshiki versus Hazuki for the Wonder Of Stardom belt.  Watch two little gals beat the living dogcrap out of each other.  IN FRENCH!  Drink every time he says "Ooo la la". C'est magnifique!

For a guy speaking French, he's speaking an awful lot of English. Not translating move names at all. It'd be the easiest thing in the world to say Les Tours du Londres Inversee, but no. Inverted Towers of London it is. My French is very rusty, but I did catch him saying one of the competitors was like a little mouse (un petit souri) right at the start.

• Like 1

Australians are showing up in my YouTube feed again.  And this match is really good!

------------------

Meiko Satomura teams with Nanae Takahashi against Yoshiko and Matsumoto in Sea D Linnng.

--------------------

This is chockfull of wacky lucha matwork and then fun dives.

For @RIPPA , Taya Valkyrie versus Cheerleader Melissa.

---------------------

NOAH and All Japan get together for Atsushi Aoki memorial.

----------------------

Killer Kross versus Jon Moxley.  Plus Scarlett Bordeaux!

---------------------

Some Pure-J with Rina Yamashita from earlier today.

-------------------

Titan, the big bully, dropkicks Mije.  Dulce Gardenia is awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

---------------------

NOAH and All Japan get together for Atsushi Aoki memorial.

I actually subscribe to AJPW TV because of this. I haven’t given my attention to their current exploits, and just by watching this tag, you can see they’ve gone back a bit to their old King’s Road tag roots. With all the pin break-ups, and non-legal teammates helping to secure the advantage of victory for his team. I mean I’ve heard good things about them, but I wasn’t a fan of the Keji Muto era of Zen Nihon. The booking was interesting, but the guys he built his company around never felt like they were 100% showing effort in their ring work. Also the companies house style never feeling like it was set in stone. Always changing depending on who was on top.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that Caristico was a rudo.

-----------------------

This is kind of like Lucha RINGS Network and Califante Bald is Volk Han,

-----------------------

What the fuck?  Somebody send this to Jim Cornette.

------------------------

Okay, this is from the same show- but I dig this one.

---------------------------

This is good.

I'm starting to get a true Ricky Star vibe from Dulce Gardenia. So graceful, so gay!

---------------------------------

Man, Zak Sabbath is so good.  This Rocky Moreno guy is good too.

17 hours ago, PB-13 said:

Saw Moonshine in the short-lived NWL promotion under the name Maverick, if you want to search for his matches there.

Moonshine works for Inspire Pro in TX and has worked for BIW,runs LA and MS, and VIP,runs the DFW area of TX.

I will look later and find some of his BIW matches I know most of them got filmed.