DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

Hey! This was pretty good.

-----------------------

This is good too.  Miyu Yamashita is the best thing in this but wee Nodaka Tenma- who is TINY- brings spunky fun to the proceedings.

----------------------

Mije stands in the corner of the rudos, enigmatically waiting to be summoned.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:14 PM, Eivion said:

That Arisa match was probably Momo's second worse match in her title reign. Its a pity Momo's reign didn't end on a stronger match, but Arisa had a great first defense against Tam Nakano that you should find.

Hey, that match just shpwed up on the internet- in FRENCH!

• Like 2

It's Daisuke Harada vs Tadasuke!  It's all stiff and shit,

-----------------------------------

Here ya go.  HEAT-UP champ, Daisuke Kanehira takes random British guy (I think), Mad Dog Maxx, in Lisbon, Portugal.

-------------------------------

Here is HEAT-UP owner, TAMURA, taking on aforementioned Maddog Maxx in the tournament final for the PWL title.  The state of British wrestling  is such that a promotion that isn't in the Cagematch database; where a promotion owner of a Japanese promotion- that averages 49 people to a card, can main event against a British wrestler- who has entire decades lost to the Cagematch database because they can't get his name right, is pretty well attended.  This is 38 minutes long.  Enjoy.

It's amazing how good Hoshiki makes her strikes look. Anybody who does a question mark kick instantly has a fan in me but hers looks so great but doesn't touch their head most of the time. Her bicycle knee also looks lethal but again doesn't touch her opponent's head (the shin looks to push it back).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It's amazing how good Hoshiki makes her strikes look. Anybody who does a question mark kick instantly has a fan in me but hers looks so great but doesn't touch their head most of the time. Her bicycle knee also looks lethal but again doesn't touch her opponent's head (the shin looks to push it back).

I think her father is either a kickboxer or shoot boxer and seemingly trained her at it (she did a professional fight or two after she left Stardom years ago). When she was a rookie her kicks were insanely on point.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Technically last year, but still:

Chris Ridgeway vs David Starr. And it's from Riptide, so it's got that incredible camera work that no other promotion has.

• Like 4

Oh my God, this match is great. Three Ricky Mortons versus three Vaders.

Mavelous just posted the official version.

Hajime Ohara is neato. Two beautiful backbreakers.

Michael Elgin  and Moonshine Mantell are beefy!

SO there are sections of Australia where everybody was trained by Madison Eagles.  I guess she trained them to work STIFF!  Caveman Ugg is my new favorite Aussie wrestler.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

mondays Soberano Jr vs Casas (1:25) is worth checking out. Not super but has some different stuff. 

The tope by Skadi at 32:58 is pretty balls out.  For a big lady, I mean.

Kiyomiya and Taniguchi go for the gold against Shiozaki and Nakajima!

Robbie Eagles wrestles in Australia.

They repeat half of the table bit in the Shingo match but what, you thought I wasn't gonna post the Ishii match? Jon throws lariats like Hansen here -- seriously, check the form. 

https://www.rohwrestling.com/top-videos/briscoes-vs-rush-and-dragon-lee

Segunda Caida is right: this is hot shit. If you want a go go go tag, you can't get any better. Plus BLOOD.

Goodhelmet posted this in the Lucha thread because Chris Hero pimped it and both of them were right -- this is as baffling and unreal as you are going to get in lucha and completely fucking awesome. You will start out with the initial exchanges just saying "you gotta be shitting me" and move into loud expletives or just complete jaw-dropped awe soon enough. 12 minutes of "what the fuck did I just watch".

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Jack Sexsmith had to retire after his surgically repaired knee exploded. He was out for like a year, came back and was trying to work his way back into shape, and then a month and a half later, his career is over. But here's what he was like before he got hurt. Taking on  his tag team partner. nb: Riptide is out of Brighton, which is the San Francisco of Southern England. Sexsmith is pansexual, but the whole promotion is very much LGBTQ+ rights friendly.

• Like 2

They had a really, really long match in Seattle against Brookes/Gresham that I adored despite its length on that incredible Progress show. Sexsmith was a top notch Ricky Morton. I enjoyed the bit of him I saw when watching Demand Progress too. Shame.

• Like 1

Violent Giants from today in Japan.

---------------------------

Mije enigmatically awaits the summoning.

------------------------------------

This match from Laredo Wrestling Alliance is a hoot.  The overbooking of the finish is pretty indie-rific.

MJF & Cody Rhodes vs Daga & Taurus:

MJF trying to keep his "Act nice when Cody is looking, and be a massive arsehole when he isn't" routine going throughout not only the ring entrance, but the whole match as well.

Defiant are putting Built to Destroy '19 on YouTube tomorrow. It's worth watching. 

The Main Event is Rampage vs David Starr. Rest of the card has Martin Kirby vs Joe Hendry (Internet title), SCC vs Visage & Benji (Tag titles), No Fun Dunne vs HT Drake (Hardcore title), Lizzy Styles vs Lana Austin (Women's title), Man Like Dereiss vs Lucky Kid, and Nathan Cruz trying to carry some talentless Goldberg wannabe to something watchable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AxB said:

MJF & Cody Rhodes vs Daga & Taurus:

MJF trying to keep his "Act nice when Cody is looking, and be a massive arsehole when he isn't" routine going throughout not only the ring entrance, but the whole match as well.

I loved the little handshake between Daga and MJF after they kick each other in the balls.

For the Triple Crown, Kento Miyahara vs Zeus, from yesterday.

Enigmatic Mije is invisible until he isn't.

AxB posted this whole card earlier but I've cued it up to the main event- Rampage Brown vs David Starr.

---------------------------------------

This is fun.  I have no idea who any of these people are.

• Like 2

Yes!   New Kyushu Pro!  Japan's best indie!  Stay with it after the finish because Assosan and Sasaki Hitamaru's theme music is number one and the best.

------------------------

From January but Marvelous posted it today.  Takumi Iroha vs Nanae Takahashi, edited to just the stiff parts.

------------------------

Oh man, HEAT UP is sooooooo low rent.  Rionne Fujiwara is pretty fascinating cagematch.com matchlist.

• Like 1