DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

More mighty Kyushu Pro action.  Here Asosan and Genkai take on Mach Junji from BattlARTS and Takaku Fuki who was in freakin UWF and then Pro Wrestling Fujiwara Gumi.  So yeah, this is old school stiff.

I enjoy a wrestling lummox.  Yoshimura is a wrestling lummox.  Ueno is a skinny, good-lookin' DDT guy who almost works stiffer than our lummox.  This is fine.

------------------------------

These are two good Canadian sleazy indie wrestlers.  They should be on MLW getting slaughtered by Contra Squad. 

----------------------------------------------

This has Meiko Satomura in it but the first half of this match is Sareee and YUU getting irritated at the cuteness and adorableness of Mei Suruga and you, the fan, wanting them to beat the cuteness out of her, and then you realize that you love Mei and want her to fight back.  Meiko enters the match and the full stiffness of Sareee versus Meiko kicks in and it is no longer adorable and gets all great.

It must suck to be ASUKA whenever anybody in Joshi Puroresu has to move, what with her weird tensile strength and her being needed to move couches and whatnot.  Man, she is athletic.  Arisa Nakajima is awesome as the pissed off older gal having to deal with this upstart 20 year old.

-----------------------------

Come for the awesome Takumi Iroha David Bowie mullet, stay for the withering stiffness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

Jiminy Crickets, this is awesome.  I guess I need to go find more David Starr.

Yo:

• Like 1

Some more good, hard Canadian indie wrestling.  With my favorite ref.

----------------------------------------

Sleazy Basara entity, Takato Nakano, takes on 666 champion and deathmatch guy, Yuko Miyamoto.  Miyamoto is a good wrestler and has a beautiful collection of moonsault variations.  Nakano is fun in a Geezus Is This Guy Unemployably Scuzzy kind of way.

--------------------------

Oh yeah, Rey Escorpion fucking rules.  This whole match is a big wad of fun.

This is stiff.  NOAH STIFF!  I dig this British guy, Chris Ridgeway.  I remember his match against Takeshita from UK,

--------------------------------

Somebody (named Junta Miyawaki) is having  a good tag tournament.

Hey, YO-HEY and Minoru Tanaka have the makings of a good little feud.

I didn't know Hino was actually a Zero-1 guy.  I thought he was a general indie guy.  Anyway, I finally got around to watching this- a match with Diasuke Sekimoto for the Zero-1 and the Big Japan Strong titles.

-------------------------------------------

STRONG BJ! versus the Violent Giants!  For the AJPW Tag title!

-------------------------------------

This is the first time I've seen the Triple Crown Champion, Kento Miyahara.  This is quite the old school, King's Road-style Triple Crown defense.

RIPPA hates it when people post the same YouTube video in multiple threads. So here's the post with Jon Moxley vs Darby Allin from the AEW thread:

Shame about the camera placement during the table bit. Allin's 'hands tied behind back' wrestling is a step up from the 'hands in pockets' style Orange Cassidy started.

Jesus Christ is this match awesome.  I dig Kiyomiya but this match is carried by the stiffness and intensity of Sugiura. A jillion stars.

--------------------------------------

Man, Harlow O'Hara is good.

---------------------------------------------

Mid-grade technicos and really good old school rudos makes for quality lucha libre.

This match is spectacular.

-------------------------------

The first match on this is pretty great.  Poder del Norte is fun group of rudos and Vikingo,  Flamito and Myxstztco are awesomely spectacular and whatnot.

------------------------

Double DDT Lummox Action!  Naomi Yoshimura is the lummox with the orange hair. Kazusada Higuchi is the lummox in the black trunks.  They beat on each other pretty good.  

Fuck Joey Ryan and that Orange Whatshisname guy.  There is only MR IGUANA!

I think Dalys is Negro Casas' wife.  Either way, she lays it in and is freaky powerful.  Everybody else in this match is on it too.