Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Phil Schneider

Wrestlemania Weekend

Recommended Posts

FYI I decided months ago not to bother with that whole travelling between venues thing, and will be camping out at the Collective the entire time.  Attending the following shows:

Powerbomb.tv Family Reunion
GCW Bloodsport
ISW
AIW
Black Label Pro
Spring Break part 1
Blackcraft
IWS
Spring Break part 2

Skipping the noon shows, Chikara and Nova Pro, so I can sleep in.

Last year in New Orleans I was very concerned about burning myself out and only ("only") went to 5 shows.  Did not get burned out, and felt like I missed a lot of stuff.  We'll see how it goes this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still looking into Saturday maybe if the MSG prices drop we can do that I'd like to try HOG at 2pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impact announced a former Impact World Champ will return to headline their "United We Stand" event on April 4, to be revealed on Impact this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Austin Aries or James Storm? Because Abyss wouldn't really be returning, and basically everyone else is retired or under WWE or ROH contract. Unless it's like Chris Sabin or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AxB said:

So Austin Aries or James Storm? Because Abyss wouldn't really be returning, and basically everyone else is retired or under WWE or ROH contract. Unless it's like Chris Sabin or something.

Sabin is injured. ACL surgery

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Aries. I've thought the whole thing with him was a work anyway. Plus, now it seems Aries and Sami Callihan have engaged in a Twitter war. I'd be down for Aries vs. Callihan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that anyone really cares anymore about Storm and him being the surprise would probably count as classic TNA moment. So I hope it is Aries + already mentioned Twitter war would work into this easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A twitter war between Austin Aries and Sami Callihan is the wrestling equivalent of Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kellyanne Conway have a twitter war.    The only real loser is the people who have to deal with it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hammerva said:

A twitter war between Austin Aries and Sami Callihan is the wrestling equivalent of Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kellyanne Conway have a twitter war.    The only real loser is the people who have to deal with it.

 

I have never in my head heard the voice of Bob Odenkirk shouting "WE ARE A BUNCH OF SCREAMING JACKASSES!" louder than I did when I saw Aries and Callihan going at it on Twitter last night.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Could be awesome. All depends on how far time travel technology has advanced. 

There's enough plunder to cover up for Van Dam and Sabu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should be fine regardless. I'm sure RVD can do the cartwheel into moonsaults he's done for years and Sabu can continue to put tables on the top rope and put a chair on it and botch it twice before just going screw it and just doing a leg drop with a chair under his legs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 2:00 PM, RIPPA said:

Maybe this has become the new norm but I am curious about this.

If you buy tickets for Impact's event this is the ticket breakdown

  • 1st Row Ringside - $149 (+ $21.10 in Fees & Taxes)
  • 2nd Row Ringside - $80 (+ $12.11 in Fees & Taxes)
  • 3rd Row Ringside - $60 (+ $9.51 in Fees & Taxes)
  • GA - $40 (+ $6.90 in Fees & Taxes)

The deal with the three ringside rows is that each row is first come, first serve

So theoretically one can spend almost $350 on ringside seats (assuming you are buying 2) and not know the exact seat you are sitting in

I was going be all #LOLTNA but that's when I realized that maybe this is what most indies do now.

Just seems really weird to me. 

GCW and lucha libre shows in NY/NJ often have the not quite reserved seating thing. I would have gone to Rahway and paid $20 to sit in the bleachers, but the prices for this and so many other WM week shows are more than I will pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man how great should this be

DzJJ4sTWsAUPUDM.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, RIPPA said:

The deal with the three ringside rows is that each row is first come, first serve

So theoretically one can spend almost $350 on ringside seats (assuming you are buying 2) and not know the exact seat you are sitting in

I was going be all #LOLTNA but that's when I realized that maybe this is what most indies do now.

Just seems really weird to me. 

Some indies do the deal where the seats are folding chairs that are not numbered, but they put masking tape on the chairs with the names of the ticket holders.

That's good because the seats are reserved, but bad because the names are in no particular order and you gotta go around the whole venue looking for your name.  (And if you can't find it, then you gotta decide between going to look for someone in charge, or just taking someone else's seat)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Some indies do the deal where the seats are folding chairs that are not numbered, but they put masking tape on the chairs with the names of the ticket holders.

That's good because the seats are reserved, but bad because the names are in no particular order and you gotta go around the whole venue looking for your name.  (And if you can't find it, then you gotta decide between going to look for someone in charge, or just taking someone else's seat)

So much easier to just number the chairs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, daveprazak said:

So much easier to just number the chairs. 

Agreed.  I don't want random strangers knowing my name unless I have the option to put some wacky fake name.  If they do numbers for literally every other sporting event and WWE/ROH does it too then don't try and reinvent the wheel.

As for WM weekend I'm trying to see if any of it is worth going to.  It's a couple hour drive but I don't know the first thing about how to travel around to the shows.  The thought of getting around to check them out makes New Orleans seem more manageable in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Agreed.  I don't want random strangers knowing my name unless I have the option to put some wacky fake name.  If they do numbers for literally every other sporting event and WWE/ROH does it too then don't try and reinvent the wheel.

As for WM weekend I'm trying to see if any of it is worth going to.  It's a couple hour drive but I don't know the first thing about how to travel around to the shows.  The thought of getting around to check them out makes New Orleans seem more manageable in comparison.

Ah, but NO doesn't have the subway system NYC does, and a good portion of the shows are in city limits. Jersey City gets a bit dicier, but you have the PATH system as well if you need to get out there from the city.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For planning purposes for folks going to WrestleCon shows

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also noted in the details is that FITE's TV bundle will apparently be announced tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House of Glory bringing a strong main event to the show.  Even if the chances Low Ki no shows is probably 80% 

Dzubak1WsAIGNJP.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hammerva said:

House of Glory bringing a strong main event to the show.  Even if the chances Low Ki no shows is probably 80% 

Dzubak1WsAIGNJP.jpg

 

House of Glory in the afternoon and ROH/NJPW at night? Sounds very tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...