DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

36 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

The No Legs match and the lead up to it may be the greatest thing I've ever fucking seen in my life.

LET'S GO NO LEGS

LET'S GO NO LEGS

If Cody's tweet is true then it looks like they might have booked him for one of their shows.  I would guess it'd be for the battle royal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

The No Legs match and the lead up to it may be the greatest thing I've ever fucking seen in my life.

LET'S GO NO LEGS

LET'S GO NO LEGS

Technically, No Legs should have won the Clusterfuck. How can you be eliminated if you don't have feet to touch the ground?

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well you could also be eliminated by pinfall, submission, OR DEATH 

None of which occured, so he should wear a crown proclaiming himself "King of the Clusterfuck".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

LET'S GO NO LEGS

LET'S GO NO LEGS

No idea if the cameras caught me, but if you see a guy in a Statue of Liberty costume in the crowd, that's me!  I was sitting directly in front of No Legs (he was front row stage, I was back row floor).

The fan sitting beside me was convinced Deppen was coming for me as his opponent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

No idea if the cameras caught me, but if you see a guy in a Statue of Liberty costume in the crowd, that's me!  I was sitting directly in front of No Legs (he was front row stage, I was back row floor).

The fan sitting beside me was convinced Deppen was coming for me as his opponent.

Yes, you were clearly visible. The costume was great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As if there were any ever doubt, Teddy Hart's Reading Rainbow segment on the Orange Cassidy show solidified him as the greatest professional wrestler of the 21st century. 

edit: 20 minutes in: "... guys, I don't read very well..." FUCKING LEGEND! ?

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

It is so weird to say this and maybe the alcohol was kicking in too much but Teddy Hart being the voice of reason in explaining the meaning of Wrestlemania weekend and talking about the fans and other things  made all the sense in the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going back to DDT... I've been watching the professional wrestling in and around NYC for the better part of 35 years, and this was BY FAR the best crowd I've experienced since I started going to indy shows. People were into all of the action, they were respectful, no one spent the show trying to get themselves over at the expense of the in-ring action, and they knew seemingly everyone's storylines. While there weren't nearly as many Japanese fans in attendance as you might expect, it seemed like at least a third of the audience understood the language to the point where they were popping huge for stuff like the Damnation promo at the end. This was one of the rare occasions where the fans actually ADDED to the overall experience. All in all, DDT was the overall best of the three shows I caught, including G1... it obviously didn't have the highs of G1, just a wildly entertaining show from bell to bell, with an incredibly fan-friendly merchandise department. I can't wait for them to come back... in the meantime I think I'm dropping the Network for their streaming service.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

To quote myself from the 2019 INDIE WRESTLING thread:

On 3/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, Edwin said:

Always (ALWAYS) root for Teddy. HE DOES IT FOR THE FANS!

Seriously, Teddy rules.

Even when his matches suck, he's entertaining.

Btw -- I take full credit for the 2018/2019 Teddy Hart revival love fest!

Edited by Edwin

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Say what you will about Walter/Dunne and Bryan/Kofi, the Clusterfuck was the match of the weekend and one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Goddamn I loved that match so much.  It was absolute insanity and while it felt a tad long near the end it picked up in time for the women to take over.  Nate and Marko doing "Teenage Dirtbag" during it looked like the result of a dream that some folks on here might have had.  I also really loved the Invinsible Man/Stan match and Bryce deserves all the love in the world for what he did.  I can't imagine it's easy to act out something like that on your own but he did that and it was tremendous.  And credit goes to the crowd as well for going along with it all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Goddamn I loved that match so much.  It was absolute insanity and while it felt a tad long near the end it picked up in time for the women to take over.  Nate and Marko doing "Teenage Dirtbag" during it looked like the result of a dream that some folks on here might have had.  I also really loved the Invinsible Man/Stan match and Bryce deserves all the love in the world for what he did.  I can't imagine it's easy to act out something like that on your own but he did that and it was tremendous.  And credit goes to the crowd as well for going along with it all.

The Janela shows were fun as hell to watch at home, so I could just imagine how much fun it was to be there. The Clusterfuck started with Necro Butcher, so how could it have not been awesome?

Dave Prazak and Ron Funches were great on commentary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh man Funches on commentary?! Give me a link to this goddamn thing already!

I can't any free videos of it up. It's on Fite TV and was well worth the $14.99. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Planning to spend this weekend catching up on shows I didn't see live last weekend. I already have the IW.TV and Highspots subs so I am covered on those shows. And I have zero issue plunking down the cash for Spring Break Night One and Two (I was at Part Two but more than happy to relive the nuttiness again with Ron Funches on commentary). 

I did want to ask though if the DDT Coming to America show was on either DDT Universe or the ClubWWN gimmicks. The FITETV replay is $15. If that's the only option right now I will swing it, but if it's on one of the other services I would much rather just subscribe for a month and check out some other stuff as well.