DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

That was the heat on the Voice of Wrestling podcast. The hosts were talking about the weak Wrestlemania weekend shows which I don’t agree with but they went after AIW’s card cuz it’s not a “Wrestlemania Weekend” Card. 

AIW promoter, John Thorne said on this week’s Card Is Going To Change that he doesn’t want to put on a polished work rate wrestling show he wants to put on a gritty indie show like they do in Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

AIW promoter, John Thorne said on this week’s Card Is Going To Change that he doesn’t want to put on a polished work rate wrestling show he wants to put on a gritty indie show like they do in Cleveland.

That's oddly refreshing and I don't blame him for going this route.  If anything with all the other stuff going down if it's a great show this could help his stand out a bit more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

And now for your early WM weekend potential buzzkill, the projected weather for the New York area.    I have a feeling we will be needing a coat for the main event Sunday night

This is a "good" weather report by NY in April standards.  All the Friday and Saturday shows are indoors.  60 degrees for Mania is about the best I could hope for. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fair warning: I have no idea how good of seats you have, but 60 on the ground so feel like 40 in the upper deck.

I'm in section 143 which appears to be close to the ground but I've never been to MetLife so I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

WrestleCon announced that the Lucha Bros will be working the opening match of the April 4th show due to their other bookings

So if you are going to the Mark Hitchcock Memorial - make sure you aren't late

Guest Edwin

Kingston rules. Another indy legend and I hope it isn't his last WM weekend and if it is, then I hope he gets a job as job as a trainer and performer at the PC and NXT similar to Hero's because if there's one dude that deserves, it's him.

He's gonna make a mint on that photo opp. I've seen Joey Ryan live and all anyone wanted to see is the penis spot. Best part of all of this is that is pisses Jim Cornette off that a guy got his dick over.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, hammerva said:

This quote gets me.   

because the government wants proof that the people being brought in are exceptional in talent and not taking a job away from an American. 

I need to know what constitutes proof and who is making the decision on that.   

Jesus wept. I read that and imagined Immortan Joe sitting in a room with a ring in it, sucking on a Diet Coke, holding auditions for wrestlers. No Mexicans allowed, of course.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WrestleCon announced that the Lucha Bros will be working the opening match of the April 4th show due to their other bookings

So if you are going to the Mark Hitchcock Memorial - make sure you aren't late

They were always gonna be in the opener, we just made a special note since for some reason people were doubting they would appear with MLW happening at the same time. Which is odd since we booked them before anyone & actually helped MLW out by agreeing to put them on early Thursday & late Friday so they could do both events each day. No point being dicks and depriving wrestlers of paydays if there's an easy work around.

But the point stands - don't be late! Starting off HOT!

Hope everyone has a good time this weekend, come say hi if you see me at the Hilton!

8 hours ago, Robert said:

No point being dicks and depriving wrestlers of paydays if there's an easy work around.

I legit read this as No Pointing AT Dicks and thought you were suddenly running the Joey Ryan photo shoot

11 hours ago, Robert said:

They were always gonna be in the opener, we just made a special note since for some reason people were doubting they would appear with MLW happening at the same time. Which is odd since we booked them before anyone & actually helped MLW out by agreeing to put them on early Thursday & late Friday so they could do both events each day. No point being dicks and depriving wrestlers of paydays if there's an easy work around.

But the point stands - don't be late! Starting off HOT!

Hope everyone has a good time this weekend, come say hi if you see me at the Hilton!

I hope I get to work for promoters with the same mindset and care that you put into your statement there. Lol you sir, are awesome.

Guest Edwin
15 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I've seen Joey Ryan live and all anyone wanted to see is the penis spot.

To be fair, that's all he's ever had properly going for him aside from being a PWG founding member.

His work before that gimmick was rough to sit through.

Not saying I like this gimmick as I don't find it funny or entertaining, but he's been able to at least create a following with it.

Edited by Edwin