DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

I think the people shitting on AIW don't follow AIW. They are running Mania weekend for sure and they have their regulars on their card and I don't think thats a bad thing. Steiner vs Swoggle is gonna be a spectacle in the best way possible and Kingston vs Otani are you kidding me who can shit on that?

Also they are bringing in students and regulars from Cleveland. They are a running a AIW show at Mania, I applaud that. The Voices of Wrestling  podcast went in hard on AIW the other day but I don't think they have every watched an AIW show or have any idea what they do. It's gonna be a killer show.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I think the people shitting on AIW don't follow AIW. They are running Mania weekend for sure and they have their regulars on their card and I don't think thats a bad thing. Steiner vs Swoggle is gonna be a spectacle in the best way possible and Kingston vs Otani are you kidding me who can shit on that?

Also they are bringing in students and regulars from Cleveland. They are a running a AIW show at Mania, I applaud that. The Voices of Wrestling  podcast went in hard on AIW the other day but I don't think they have every watched an AIW show or have any idea what they do. It's gonna be a killer show.

Yeah, I didn't get it. AIW puts out a pretty decent product and always treats the fans right. I wasn't really understanding the comments. I wasn't sure why a supporter of wrestling would be sh*tting on a company trying to add a show on that weekend. He came back with the retort of "I never specifically said I wanted the Collective to fail" but pretty much said that every which way he could without actually saying it. 

They bring in guys like Ultimo Dragon, Tanaka, La Parka, Penta, Jody Fleisch, Grado, Bunkhouse Buck, Col. Robert Parker, Guido, Jannetty, Norton, Sandman, Sabu, Missy Hyatt, Harley Race, etc., and do a lot of seminars (Arn Anderson, Kidman, etc.). They continually book Nick Gage but I try not to hold that against them. 

So looks like the final card is set for the ROH/NJPW G1 MSG show and it's pretty stacked:

* IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada
* ROH World Championship – Ladder Match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll
* Winners Take All – Four Way Tag Team Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (IWGP Tag Team Champions) vs. PCO & Brody King (ROH World Tag Team Champions) vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. The Briscoes
* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship – Three Way Match: Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Bandido vs. Dragon Lee
* Bully Ray’s NYC Street Fight Open Challenge: Bully Ray vs. TBA
* Rush vs. Dalton Castle
* Honor Rumble
* IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
* Title vs. Title Match: Will Ospreay (NEVER Openweight Champion) vs. Jeff Cobb (ROH World Television Champion)
* RPW British Heavyweight Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
* Women Of Honor World Championship: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Kelly Klein

• Like 3

I though with AEW happening and The Elite not in ROH that the MSG show would not be as special.  Then I see the card and see that it truly is worth selling the place out.  Whoever from here is going to it have fun as I'm sure it'll be a blast.

As for me tempted as I was for some of the shows I'm better off just ordering whatever through Fite and cherry pick the good stuff.  If I can barely handle DC traffic no way in hell will I try my hand at going through NJ/NY.  I'll try that when there aren't thousands of wrestling fans to deal with.

• Like 1

That is going to be a fun card. I'm glad I'll be there. I'm glad Evil and Sanada are in the tag title match because I hated their run ending so quickly. I hope there's a way Shingo & Bushi get on the card, but I guess you have to save them vs. RPG3K for a Japan show. Trying to fit Juice vs. Chase onto the card would have been too much, so it's better they got that out of the way in Japan.

• Like 2

It is weird how there are tickets on Stubhub in the upper levels for the MSG show that are less than the actual price they paid for them.  I mean think about it for $40 which is GA for almost of all WM indie shows now you can get a ticket for this show and that includes the ticket charges  

Hell if it wasn't for the fact that I actually want to do something in that weekend besides sit at a wrestling show I would snatch up a ticket. 

Edited by hammerva