DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Why is that gross? I think its damn cool that someone is running that weekend on the site of the old Armory.

Or is it just gross because its WWN and not one of the other Mania weekend collectives?

Because there are already a ridiculous number of shows this year, and indies announcing their 2020 plans over a year in advance suggests it's not going to get any less insane.  Nothing against WWN or the venue.

Guest Edwin

I'm not seeing how there being a ridiculous number of shows is an issue. If anything, it's a positive. 

It gives the fans more variety to pick from and gives everyone more shows to work during that week. ?‍♂️

Just to be clear, when I say "ridiculous", we're up to 37 shows in the NY/NJ area in the span of three days, April 4th through 6th.  If you include WWE Axxess and the Hall of Fame ceremony, it's 44 shows.

The paradox of choice definitely plays into it.  And for someone who'll be there in person, as more shows and matches get announced, it becomes more work to stay on top of everything and plan things out.  You either end up running yourself ragged trying to see everything you want, or having to accept that you're missing out on being live for great matches even though you're maybe an hour away from where they're happening.

Also, I think it's been pointed out in past years that it hurts the match quality when guys are working eight matches in three days or whatever.  No one is going all out in every match, everyone wants to make sure they leave something in the tank.

Shit, I was considering buying the Fite TV WM weekend package but that might have sold me on it.  That plus whatever else is going to be a damn good time.  And much respect to RnR Express for taking random matches like this.

15 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Just to be clear, when I say "ridiculous", we're up to 37 shows in the NY/NJ area in the span of three days, April 4th through 6th.  If you include WWE Axxess and the Hall of Fame ceremony, it's 44 shows.

The paradox of choice definitely plays into it.  And for someone who'll be there in person, as more shows and matches get announced, it becomes more work to stay on top of everything and plan things out.  You either end up running yourself ragged trying to see everything you want, or having to accept that you're missing out on being live for great matches even though you're maybe an hour away from where they're happening.

Also, I think it's been pointed out in past years that it hurts the match quality when guys are working eight matches in three days or whatever.  No one is going all out in every match, everyone wants to make sure they leave something in the tank.

A couple years ago Sami Callihan took a shitton of bookings a couple years ago and from what I heard he didn't half-ass it in any of them.  While I have soured on him I give him credit for doing that.  And considering it wasn't long after he got released from WWE it was a good way to get his name back out there.

It's going to be really easy to miss out on good stuff happening everywhere.  I'm not even going to try and see everything as it's just impossible.  So instead of worrying about it I'll just see what I really want to see (time and everything else permitting) and what I miss I'll see on Fite.  But I do feel bad for those crazy enough to try and catch them all as you have to miss parts of the show just to get elsewhere on time.

21 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Shit, I was considering buying the Fite TV WM weekend package but that might have sold me on it.  

So, two notes on this:

1.) Spring Break (and Bloodsport amongst others, a total of 11) shows aren't in the $120 Fite Fest package. Instead they're in a separate, $100 The Collective package. Annoying that they don't just have all 30-40 shows bundled together, but such is life. The Collective also gets you $20 credit, and Fest gets you $10.

2.) Speaking of Fite Fest, the offer expires on the 11th of March. I don't know if this means the price will be going up or if the package will no longer be available at all and you'd have to buy each individually.

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Seems right that the show with the creepiest name would have the most insane creepy match of the weekend

D1kVnSjU0AEKiFV.jpg

From Left to Right:

1. This is FUCKING AWESOME,

2. I'll PRETEND its FUCKING AWESOME

3. It's My Show Fuck Everyone Else

4. Let's do this shit, yeah I brought a bottle for them, I'm not drinking it, I know better.

5. Yeah, this sounds great?...

6. I'm supposed to do what? 

• Haha 1