DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

19 hours ago, Pete said:

. It's essentially the same amount of time unless they're absolutely flying down the GCP because there's no cars on the road.

(If they actually try this out, I demand video.)

giphy.gif

Wait wait wait, is that MLW show only 2 hours, because that's the only fucking way people are gonna get from Long Island City to Rahway to make both shows.  Like, that trip is an hour driving in GOOD traffic.  Mass transit, forget about it.  NJ Transit out of NYC is a fucking mess.

11 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Wait wait wait, is that MLW show only 2 hours, because that's the only fucking way people are gonna get from Long Island City to Rahway to make both shows.  Like, that trip is an hour driving in GOOD traffic.  Mass transit, forget about it.  NJ Transit out of NYC is a fucking mess.

I am guessing this was done more with talent booking purposes in mind.

16 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am guessing this was done more with talent booking purposes in mind.

Of course it was, since they're both tapings. But the story itself mentions this was done to ensure fans can get to both events, which is completely absurd for reasons stated above.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well the thing that has been unsaid is that Impact original show had sold almost no tickets

If that's the case why doesn't Impact and MLW just do a joint show instead?  Impact has spent the last year and change doing shows with random companies and putting it on Twitch so it's not like this can't be done.

I am posting this in case folks are working this in among the shows they are going to 

By Mike Johnson on 2019-02-04 09:06:00
The current plan is for WWE to announce the location of Wrestlemania AXXESS this afternoon.

The event will be held in Brooklyn, NY.  It will not be held at the Barclays Center we are told, as there would not be adequate space given all the other WWE events set for the venue that week.

There's been rumblings of the 60,000 square-foot Brooklyn Expo Center hosting the event in the last few days, but we have been unable to officially confirm that is indeed the case.  That venue does have an event scheduled for Sunday 4/7.

In an email to fans who have purchased the Wrestlemania travel packages last week, WWE stated AXXESS would feature "....the chance to get autographs and take photos with your favorite WWE Superstars & Legends and get the ultimate fan experience including live matches, Superstar Q&As, memorabilia displays, exclusive WrestleMania merchandise and more."

WWE will hold AXXESS Sessions on Thursday 4/4, Friday 4/6, multiple sessions on Saturday 4/7, Sunday morning 4/8 and for the first time, a post-Wrestlemania session on Monday 4/9.

I am old and broke and just looking at that list of events is making me exhausted. Pretty sure I'll be sick of wrestling by the end of the weekend. :D Shows I'm shooting for:

Thursday: DDT at La Boom (EDIT: booked!)
Friday: WrestleCon USA vs The World (EDIT: booked! Free GA with Con admission)
Saturday: NJPW/ROH at MSG (already booked)

EDIT: 3-for-3 on shows I'm actively interested in. I'll take it.

Maybe this has become the new norm but I am curious about this.

If you buy tickets for Impact's event this is the ticket breakdown

• 1st Row Ringside - $149 (+ $21.10 in Fees & Taxes)
  • 2nd Row Ringside - $80 (+ $12.11 in Fees & Taxes)
  • 3rd Row Ringside - $60 (+ $9.51 in Fees & Taxes)
  • GA - $40 (+ $6.90 in Fees & Taxes)

The deal with the three ringside rows is that each row is first come, first serve

So theoretically one can spend almost $350 on ringside seats (assuming you are buying 2) and not know the exact seat you are sitting in

I was going be all #LOLTNA but that's when I realized that maybe this is what most indies do now.

Just seems really weird to me. 

The theory is that they moved the show up to 11:00 because there is a 2 AM curfew and apparently they just realized it.  Although that is strange because there is no way in hell Janela Spring Break 2 is going to be done at 2 AM the next night.     Does Jersey City have a weekday only curfew?

I think the only curfew is for folks under 18 (though it might be more folks are using curfew incorrectly).

Like I could easily see there being something like "No live event can run past (insert time here)"