DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

This is the quote from WON

"GCW announced Friday that former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir will make his pro wrestling debut at Josh Barnett's Bloodsport, set for April 4th in New Jersey as part of WrestleMania week activities."

GCW quote says "bringing to the ring". So it seems pretty clear he is wrestling. I am guessing he will work Barnett, but I would like to see him in with Thatcher

So either Pentagon and Fenix has mastered the traffic in the New York area based on a couple visits or one or two shows are going to get screwed as he is booked for the 4/4 Impact, MLW, and Wrestlecon shows.  All running at basically the same time.    Impact and MLW is the interesting one since they are extremely important on their TV shows

Also if you don't have a ticket to NXT Takeover, Janela Spring break 1,  MLW, or Joey Ryan penis party shows, Wrestlepro just added a show around that time.  If they get more than 200 people they should celebrate down Times Square

I can't wait for all this bullshit during Royal Rumble weekends in about 2 or 3 years. ?

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We need something for Saturday.  Probably not getting into NYC until sometime Friday and we're going to NXT that night.  But Saturday I'm not sure. I'd have done the MSG show but the tickets went super fast. 

Go for ROH/NJPW. I just looked at the prices on StubHub and they've dropped a lot. It's obviously from The Elite not being on the show.

The main event anywhere in the country line either is a jab or a tribute to Gorilla Monsoon, who would always say matches like Jimmy Snuka vs. Nasty Boy Knobbs was a main event anywhere in the country.

I did see the Honky Tonk Man and Nikolai Volkoff headline the Middlesex County Fair in East Brunswick, New Jersey in the summer of 1992. Wahoo McDaniel was also on the card. They were all pretty cool. I might still have the Honky Tonk Man autographed picture. Naturally, it was a picture from his reign as IC champion.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, hammerva said:

So either Pentagon and Fenix has mastered the traffic in the New York area based on a couple visits or one or two shows are going to get screwed as he is booked for the 4/4 Impact, MLW, and Wrestlecon shows.  All running at basically the same time.    Impact and MLW is the interesting one since they are extremely important on their TV shows

I just lost my shit picturing Pentagon and Fenix on the N train in full gimmick as they head from the Hilton to Queens for the other two shows.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I was joking about the subway but it's actually pretty doable. 

Hilton Midtown to Melrose Ballroom is only 20 minutes door to door via the N/W train.

Melrose to NYC Arena is about 50 minutes if they double back to Queens Plaza and take the E all the way to Jamaica. "Seems like driving would be quicker!" you say. You'd be wrong. It's essentially the same amount of time unless they're absolutely flying down the GCP because there's no cars on the road.

(If they actually try this out, I demand video.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I assume FITE is going to be showing all of these shows. Do they plan to do a bundle so you can order the entire week instead of individual shows?

I haven't heard anything either way, but I'd assume so. They did last year, and if wrestling Twitter is any indication, it looked like a big success for them.