DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

2019 HORROR MOVIE THREAD

EPIX Free Preview is running through the 21st of November.  Lots of noteworthy horror joints in the queue including Overlord and A Quiet Place.

Take advantage while you can!

Limited Releases coming in December.

In Fabric (Dec. 6)

Totally stoked for this.  I cannot think of an A24 art house horror joint that I haven't enjoyed.  I'll finally get to check out The Lighthouse this weekend.

Daniel Isn't Real (Dec. 6)

I actually suspect this will show up on Shudder at the same time of the LTR.

Rabid (Dec 13) aka the OTHER CM Punk horror film.

Yes, it is a reimage of the David Cronenberg / Marilyn Chambers classic and I am not terribly impressed by the trailer..  I think there is a reason this slipped under my radar aka it will suck.

Edited by J.T.

It got reviewed back during the festival period and as I recall they said it was okay but it has the same problems the other Soska sisters movies have had. From the trailer I noted the Dead Ringers and Shivers rips so it might at least be fun.

What would be really funny, esp. given his rep, would be Punk being Patient Zero in that one instead.

• Like 1

Oooo, the other two look really good. The dress movie (as I am officially dubbing it) is gonna be NUTS. Read a good review of Daniel too.

EDIT: And yes that is Schwartzenegger's kid

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Not really sure where to put this, but I settled on the Horror thread since it is technically a zombie movie. I just watched Cargo on Netflix and really quite enjoyed it. I like the world it set up and liked how Martin Freeman played his part and what his character did and went through. I just liked the whole thing. May be up there towards the top of my new favorite zombie flicks.

• Like 1

It looks like the broadcast part of the EPIX preview is done, but I can still access Epix On Demand.   Hopefully it will be around for a while because I just saw that GANJA & HESS~! is in the queue along with a shit ton of ofd school schlock classics.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:20 AM, J.T. said:

It looks like the broadcast part of the EPIX preview is done, but I can still access Epix On Demand.   Hopefully it will be around for a while because I just saw that GANJA & HESS~! is in the queue along with a shit ton of ofd school schlock classics.

You mentioning Ganja & Hess, which is on Prime, reminded me that Amazon Prime members have a 50% off for 3 months promotion for a bunch of different streaming services including Shudder.

It's supposedly only for new customers, but YMMV.

I got the Shudder freeview a couple years back and never watched anything, so I can't comment either way.

BTW, Ganja & Hess is a great flick.

• Like 1

The On Demand part of the EPIX preview died the day after my post.  I did not get to catch Ganga & Hess.

I had no idea it was on Amazon Prime.  Good since I just signed up to watch the upcoming season of The Expanse.

Edited by J.T.

Can't believe this thread was almost buried. Anyway, to keep it from that, here's a reminder for me to watch this. 

Barbie Steele in a movie about... necrophilia? Sign me up! 

The commercials for the new Black Christmas make it look even dumber than I thought. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Can't believe this thread was almost buried. Anyway, to keep it from that, here's a reminder for me to watch this. 

It's the holiday season and traditionally it's pretty quiet on the horror scene around this time of year.  If Christmas weren't in the title of Black Christmas, it probably wouldn't have come out in December.   

When there was such as thing as the Dump Months, I'd have expected a movie the "quality" of Black Christmas to come out the first week of February.