DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers, 4th October 2013

The Natural

I hope HHH intends to take a hella-beating at some point, or this whole burying Big Show thing becomes pointless. They have so few babyfaces on top and they continue to bury Big Show and Daniel Bryan. 

Unfortunately, I'm conditioned by past history to expect Triple H to NOT get suitable comeuppance.  When it comes to him potentially getting KOed by Show or tapping out to Daniel Bryan:  I'll believe it when I see it.  Hey, I was wrong about him tapping out to that one guy at Mania 20, so...

I'm sure HHH is planning on there being a payoff, with him it's a matter of degrees. Stephanie and him are trying to ruin people's lives so if the comeuppance is Big Show giving him a wedgie and Daniel Bryan sticking a fake beard on him then we'll know who's on duty.

I can't wait to see Triple H take the KO punch - he'll sell it like it's death.

Nothing if not professional!

According to some other spoiler report I read, Bray Wyatt vs Kofi Kingston and Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth for the IC Title were added to the Battleground PPV at the tapings as well. Full card:

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - WWE Title

Alberto del Rio vs. RVD - World Title

Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth - IC Title

Cody Rhodes/Goldust vs. The Shield - Tag Titles

Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee - Divas Title

CM Punk vs. Ryback

Bray Wyatt vs. Kofi Kingston

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow - YOUTUBE PRESHOW

What was the last WWE PPV that looked so underwhelming on paper as this one?

Last month's PPV.

Kofi-Big E was an absolutely perfect little match. Kofi got a win because he's on the PPV, while Big E shined brightly. Loved the shot of Kofi being trapped between Bray and the Family too. Show itself was two hours of stuff. Love Heath having the Komen ribbons on his douche shades, and the absurdity of Cole saying that YOU JUST MIGHT NOTICE the pink shirts and ribbons.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/wwe-sd-10-4-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tzcpsxaynvr30nqa32204wyxf2f8rn7k

Dolph's face turn is going to benefit Big E the most in the long run.  His offense looks good enough to stay credible against the faces in spit of the losses. He is a good guy for that spot, but seems capable of a whole lot more.

According to some other spoiler report I read, Bray Wyatt vs Kofi Kingston and Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth for the IC Title were added to the Battleground PPV at the tapings as well. Full card:

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - WWE Title

Alberto del Rio vs. RVD - World Title

Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth - IC Title

Cody Rhodes/Goldust vs. The Shield - Tag Titles

Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee - Divas Title

CM Punk vs. Ryback

Bray Wyatt vs. Kofi Kingston

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow - YOUTUBE PRESHOW

What was the last WWE PPV that looked so underwhelming on paper as this one?

It definitely looks like one of the old single-brand ppvs, but I'm sure it'll be better than NOC, just because there's potential for a few face wins this time.

Bryan/Orton is a reliable combo, RVD/ADR should be fine with the hardcore gimmick, and Shield/Rhodes Family has a lot of potential. Speaking of, is that match actually for the tag titles, or just Cody and Dustin's jobs? On Raw, it didn't sound like the titles were on the line, but I didn't watch SD, so I don't know if it changed.

Fake Edit: And before you ask why I'm posting in the SD thread on Saturday having not watched the show, it's because I was checking to see if any matches or segments were getting praised to help me decide if I should watch it or not. The spoilers sounded pretty skippable.