DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

1 minute ago, Ace said:

My apologies of confusing just a couple of the times Jim Cornette has publicly been a shit human. 

How dare you confuse the times he was a shitty person on his podcast with the time he was a shitty person on NWA's YouTube show. DON'T YOU KNOW THERE'S A DIFFERENCE?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The next thing was him saying Justin Roberts was too smiley and should be kept away from children. That was also on the podcast. 

So I listened to bits of that episode but didn't hear that...the quote is from Web is Jericho

Justin Roberts looks like he ought to be registered somewhere to be around children. He’s so happy. You see a fucking guy dressed up like that with that big smile coming across his face coming towards your kids, run.

Yeah, assuming the above is correct, you're overegging the pudding a bit. Personally I consider the above to be acceptable levels of spice, of course Lagana and others are entitled to make their judgements from a business perspective.

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Wait wait wait. Are we implying that the guy who named a podcast after a famous incident where he verbally abused a service worker... might be a POS?

No, we're at the point where we're making distinctions between where he makes his shitty comments, and if calling Justin Roberts a pedophile or saying Jim Smallman should be hung are acceptable levels of spicy jokes.

It might be better for Corgan and Lagana to cut their loses now, if people are going to look for comments every NWA show or every podcast episode for something incendiary and try to get him removed. 

Edited by odessasteps

1 minute ago, Casey said:

So what would you call saying "Justin Roberts should be registered somewhere to be around children"?

Hypothetically: Jim is just colourfully voicing his displeasure that someone's not as miserable as him. 

Not my actual opinion. Simply putting forth what could be a hypothetical charitable read. 

Looking forward to hearing this kind of hair splitting on this week's show. "It wasn't about race! I was speaking generally about motivated hungry people!" Insultinsultinsult, Brian does an impression of someone who's triggered, post office story, the end.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Casey said:

That's a verbatim quote. Starts at 37 minutes into his Full Gear review episode.

I just checked the audio (having put up the text from the Web is Jericho story earlier). No it isn't a verbatim quote. You've lied repeatedly here and it's deeply pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I just checked the audio (having put up the text from the Web is Jericho story earlier). No it isn't a verbatim quote. You've lied repeatedly here and it's deeply pathetic.

That's funny, since I just listened to it. He clearly says, "Justin Roberts should be registered somewhere to be around children".

That's where I stopped listening, because I don't need context on a "joke" that implies someone should be on the sex offender registry.

• Thanks 1

meanwhile Dave Lagana debates the options of "cover up the line with crowd noise" or "insert that green NWA censored screen from the Tri-States clip that's on WWE Network"

I97Tu6M.png

Option 3: just play a random 15 second clip of "INTO THE FIREEEEE" over top of that line

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1