DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

Catching up on episode 4, another enjoyable hour. Loved the opening promo segment with everyone delivering nicely. Always like Ashley & Marti, plus Thunder Rosa is awesome so they could make a nice little womens division here. Most everything was pretty short but the main event was fun.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What could we come up with for Marti Bell's finisher? 

Hell's Bells?

That's what she's used in the past as her finisher name, both when using the pedigree and a neckbreaker.

• Thanks 1

Into the Fire! Another fun episode. Thunder Rosa rules. Cabana/Storm was solid. This setting is the most I've ever enjoyed Cabana and Storm's always good. the Rock n Rolls kicking ass is the best.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With Thunder Rosa coming in, I wonder if they'll bring in Hollidead as well.

Would dig that. They're wrestling each other at ROW next weekend, being billed as a "last time ever" match.

• Like 2

I love this show so much, just for the characters and promo work. Everything feels like it’s got a reason.

Thunder Rosa feels like a gigantic get for the women’s division. She immediately feels like the biggest thing in the division, and I like Vox better then Kay and Belle. 

Tim Storm might be the best babyface promo in wrestling overall. 

That camera man who got the Stevens reaction to losing the first fall with the fan in the back needs a raise. Starks and Stevens just had a real fun match overall. Stevens is just super fun here. 

I actually really like what they are doing with Eli Drake. It seems like he’s just constantly stirring shit, which is super fun. I think Cabana is a super interesting guy as a wrestler. I think when he actively gives a shit, he has always been good. And he as good in this, as was Storm. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gorman said:

Cabana's Superman pin is a lot like Mildred Burke's "unbreakable" Alligator Clutch. I would love for someone to have a hold that you must avoid because once it's locked in, it's impossible to escape.

Sanada's Paradise Lock

Echoing the Thunder Rosa love.

Aron Stevens carries this for me, total old school heeling, “I’m off too Hollywood”.  The Tennessee Santa dude behind him after the first fall was incredible.

I also liked the inadvertent LAX -> OGs -> Rock N Roll Express connection that has now extended over 3 promotions.  LAX and the OGs feud in Impact, LAX then destroy the Rock and Rolls on AEW, and now Rock and Rolls and OGs celebrate together in NWA.  A really great accident for nerds like me.

My favorite thing has to be “you got beat” becoming a thing in 2019.  Simple trolling at its finest!

• Like 4

This might have been my favorite episode yet.  Aaron is a delightful heel and kudos to the crowd for their part in it all.  I loved Rosa's match and it's crazy to think she's the same person that was Kobra Moon.  I especially loved how her music played and as soon as it ended was when Marti attacked Alison.  Whoever set that up deserves a raise.

Oh, and that Retromania game looks outstanding and I can't freaking wait to play it.  They announced the wrestlers some time ago aside from unlockables but I'm glad to see they included the NWA studio in this.  Heck, I may even have a Kayfabe Cocktail while playing as Austin Idol.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3