DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

I like Powerr quite a bit but would be thrilled if they were to ditch Marquez.  Considering he's also with NWA Hollywood I don't see that happening but this and the other tweet he did defending Cornette (ones I know of at least) make me not want to see him on the show again.

But related to the show I just want to say I love the shit out of Question Mark and he's my MVP for the show.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

It's crazy how Question Mark and Shooter Stevens has such similar heat and reactions as Miz and Mizdow.

KA-RA-TE!

Pretty good show today. Eli Drake doing the drunken promo was probably the highlight for me. I don’t understand the 6:05 time limit for the tv title tournament matches though. Seems pretty weird and I don’t see why they couldn’t have just done 10 minutes.

23 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like Powerr quite a bit but would be thrilled if they were to ditch Marquez.  Considering he's also with NWA Hollywood I don't see that happening but this and the other tweet he did defending Cornette (ones I know of at least) make me not want to see him on the show again.

But related to the show I just want to say I love the shit out of Question Mark and he's my MVP for the show.

I think Marquez is one of the top guys going right now for his role. He's a solid foundation for the NWA.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I think Marquez is one of the top guys going right now for his role. He's a solid foundation for the NWA.

He's great in his role and everything but if he's going to stay then Corgan needs to at least tell him to quit it with the Cornette defense, especially for tweets like the one here.

And that might be my favorite episode of Powerr yet.  Eli celebrating along with that gotdamn amazing Storm promo made for mighty good TV...er...Youtube viewing.  Tim is such a great babyface and this promo really made me a believer.  Also can't believe how good Eli is a face but he's really fun to watch.

it seems like a waste of time to explain to Marquez the concept of a Eddie Murphy character using that term in reference to Eddie Murphy.

I think the wording of the RNR interview gives me the impression that they figured out between the taping and the airing that “guys, we can’t release this on Christmas Eve night, release it earlier” (although it seems like tonight is a slower than usual Christmas Eve programming night)

wonder if they release the next episode on December 30th instead of New Years Eve night

Another great episode. Tim Storm bringing the fire was the best, awesome promo. I was hoping he and Aldis would meet later in the tournament but something to look forward to next week anyways. Eli's drunk promo also great, looked like he was having a blast. Cool to see the Pope D'Angelo Dinero back involved, wasn't expecting that. TV title tournament matches were fun with a fast pace and the six woman tag was a pretty good five minutes.

• Like 1

My girlfriend watched the most-recent episode of Powerrr, which was her first look at the program. First, she wanted to know what year it was from, and then said "it looks like a Canadian version of an American show," (as in, the low-budget look). She also got a kick out of Ricky Morton's hair. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 1:12 AM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Billy's more likely to go on Infowars and double down. 

Good point, if people actually want every problematic person to go then NWA would have to close down. I don't know, as long as they keep their shit to twitter and Infowars appearances then I'm fine, just don't get your bullshit into the shows like Cornette.

• RIPPA locked this topic