DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I don't understand why the carny with a history of race-baiting and intentionally offending people for his own amusement deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Don't worry, I'm guessing CtA will come up with a reason.

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

Don't worry, I'm guessing CtA will come up with a reason.

Hahahahahaha, dude you have a very poor grasp of basic reality and this is just straight up trolling. Very poor indeed. What's wrong with you? ?

Edited by ComingToAmerica

47 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Hahahahahaha, dude you have a very poor grasp of basic reality and this is just straight up trolling. Very poor indeed. What's wrong with you? ?

I'm sorry you have a complete lack of self-awareness to see that you've repeatedly done the very thing I said in this thread. You're the only one who doesn't see it and that's disappointing. Bye.

An out of touch Politician once went into a Fish and Chip shop to try and look like a relatable normal person. Then he pointed to the Mushy Peas and said "Can I have some of that Guacamole" and everyone thought he was a wanker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Jesus, the way some y'all develop personal grudges against soneone you've never met because of things they say on a message board baffles me sometimes 

Let's face it.. deep down we all want to cut promos in front of crowds and crowds of people and for the 99% of us on here who aren't good enough to actually be able to do it we settle for cutting terrible promos on each other here. 

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Jesus, the way some y'all develop personal grudges against soneone you've never met because of things they say on a message board baffles me sometimes 

I really don't have a personal grudge against anyone, and I will honestly politely engage with somebody/anybody who actually directly engages in a not ridiculously trolly or sanctimonious way - and indeed I actually pulled by punches when first responding to the first 'subtweet'. But, for whatever reason, otherwise sane people seem to think they have a license to jettison reasonable behaviour, and commitment to basic epistemology, when they're accusing someone of being problematic or whatever. I'm not going to go all Tim Pool about it, but it's a problem for progressivism most definitely.

On topic, the response on YouTube to the decision to do a recap show so as to 'cancel Cornette' has not been positive - with a dislike count of 2.3k to 2.7K likes. Currently 94K views compared to 196K views for the previous episode - obviously that's not like-for-like at this stage but I suspect we're still looking at a 25-30% drop. Unfortunately, and I do mean that, it looks like NWA might not fully recover from this. 

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

On topic, the response on YouTube to the decision to do a recap show so as to 'cancel Cornette' has not been positive - with a dislike count of 2.3k to 2.7K likes. Currently 94K views compared to 196K views for the previous episode - obviously that's not like-for-like at this stage but I suspect we're still looking at a 25-30% drop. Unfortunately, and I do mean that, it looks like NWA might not fully recover from this. 

I would think the dislike count was it being due to it being a clip show.  I wouldn't take much stock in it with this episode though if it happens when they do the normal episodes then that may be cause for concern.

That said I did enjoy the empty arena match and aftermath as well as Thunder Rosa's documentary from Combates.

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I would look at the comments and see if you still think that. NWA claim it was always going to be a clip show, and it therefore likely was but it has gone down very badly.

I admittedly didn't see the comments yet so you got me there.  But I'll still be focusing more on what happens once they go back to a normal show.  It could be a thing that sinks them further for the long haul or it could blow over in a couple weeks.  Hard to tell right now either way.

From my experience bad or boring stuff usually doesn't get many dislikes unless it is motivated by some outside factors like politics or some cultural war crap. While NWA did get some people that watch AEW I think it is also very likely that it got lots of Cornette types as well who think that modern wrestling is bad and things should be taken more seriously, oh and fuck political correctness while we are it. So to them it probably looks like Cronette got canned for pointless stuff and real reason is that he was critical of AEW. NWA might claim that this being a clip episode was planned, but it certainly doesn't look like it.

For me real problem with NWA is that I don't feel like any matches for PPV have been built properly and I think this might hurt them badly, but this Cornette stuff isn't helping either.

finally watched this week's Power episode.

a clip show? wtf!?! i assume this is their way of getting around the Cornette stuff, but this was terrible. and two weeks before your breakout ppv? man, i've been enjoying this show but i hope they can recover. i hope they continue to capitalize on the ?Question Mark?, the empty arena was quick but fun.

this should've been something they realized was going to happen weeks ago. spread your footage out a bit more, intersperse "new" footage throughout the weeks instead of one big drop.