DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Does it really matter if a few members post a fucking screengrab or gif from an event in the post-show thread? Jesus christ, who cares? It's not like it's some huge, 17GB photo or gif.

Hey, the Natural has held himself to the 2 picture/gif rule. I feel like Edwin owes him an apology.

(You know we love you, Natural! I'm just cracking jokes and one of these days you'll post something new for Wonder Woman 1984.)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Casey said:

Does it really matter if a few members post a fucking screengrab or gif from an event in the post-show thread? Jesus christ, who cares? It's not like it's some huge, 17GB photo or gif.

Love the hostility! ?

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I mean, is he wrong? It also doesn't seem that hostile. Is the problem just that you think people are looking for Likes or something?

Yes, it's highly annoying. Regardless of the photo thread, folks still spam the other threads with meaningless screenshots that don't really evoke any type of discussion as they are obviously seeking reactions.

Edited by Edwin

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just for the record, hers what Jim said about Roberts. "Justin Roberts looks like he should be registered somewhere to be around children" is the word for word quote. If that's not a "he looks like a pedophile" joke, I literally don't know what it is. 

I dont think anyone has denied its a "he looks like a pedophile" joke. But making such a joke is not stating, suggesting or implying that he actually is a pedophile.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

But even then, the problem is the same there.

Jim Cornette in 2019 is the equivalent to the Iron Sheik in the 2000s. The only real reason he has any cachet right now is because he flies off the handle at things he doesn't like in wrestling, people think it's funny, so they all tag him whenever some comedy spot happens in wrestling so he'll fly off the handle about it.  It's not even whether he's a good performer, no more than Iron Sheik's performances mattered when he was saying he'd make random people humble and everyone laughed at that. 

But the big difference is that Sheik was clearly mentally ill and really messed up after his daughter was brutally murdered. I have real sympathy for him. Corny is just an obnoxious ass at this point.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sabremike said:

But the big difference is that Sheik was clearly mentally ill and really messed up after his daughter was brutally murdered. I have real sympathy for him. Corny is just an obnoxious ass at this point.

Exactly. Sheik was mentally ill and messed up, and ultimately that's why this isn't going to change anything.

Cornette knows what he's doing, and that's also a point where the "cancel Cornette" thing won't happen. Ultimately, it's going to be worse, since people are just going to goad Cornette with more comedy spots and spots he'd hate in wrestling, and he'll fly off the handle about them because he knows that's his gimmick in wrestling going into the 2020s, and it'll be forgotten in time as "just another time Cornette flew off the handle." Hell, he may even get jobs again over it as "well, how can it be any worse than how he goes after Joey Ryan or Kenny Omega?"

I dunno, if you were just doing an 'Anti-Modern Wrestling troll' character, just hating modern wrestling would be enough. I don't see that you'd need to incorporate being a homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic racist into the gimmick as a way to get heat. 

• Like 5

"It's just a character" is the worst explanation for why Cornette is a piece of shit, right next to "he's a Democrat, he's not actually racist/transphobic/sexist".

Of course, I saw that @SorceressKnight posted this, and fully expected a post about how, somehow, the fans are to blame.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I dunno.  Cornette only regained relevance because people keep snitch tagging him on dumb ass indy spots.

This.

@Casey When you're so woke you defend people keeping a piece of shit like Cornette relevant, knowing the type of person he is, because you think it's funny when he flips out over a dumbass indy spot.

You want Cornette cancelled? Stop paying attention to him in all forms. But...but that requires you to do something, and you're perfect because you decided you're perfect and you can't possibly be contributing to something bad. That would require you to be evil, and you can't be evil- you're YOU!. 

Edited by SorceressKnight

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Jim Cornette is so dumb, he stayed up all night studying for a Urine Test.

Any chance this (or any of his other idiocies) screws up his Viceland gig for Dark Side of the Ring?

Interesting question.  I think they have already been to "Castle Cornette" to film him for season 2, not sure if they'd just scrap that--would they have someone that could fill that slot in the show otherwise?

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

@AxB @Casey When you're so woke you defend people keeping a piece of shit like Cornette relevant, knowing the type of person he is, because you think it's funny when he flips out over a dumbass indy spot.

This doesn't even make sense.

But, par the course.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

This doesn't even make sense.

But, par the course.

I suppose you were too dumb to understand simple supply and demand, but if there's a demand for Cornette flipping out over stupid shit, then the supply keeps happening and he keeps having a career. You can insult me, I'll insult you. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I suppose you were too dumb to understand simple supply and demand, but if there's a demand for Cornette flipping out over stupid shit, then the supply keeps happening and he keeps having a career. You can insult me, I'll insult you. 

No, your sentence legitimately didn't make any sense. It was a poor attempt at sounding or looking intelligent by being overly verbose and the end product looks like word salad.

Even when you parse out the message you were attempt to get across, the message logistically still doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

@AxB @Casey When you're so woke you defend people keeping a piece of shit like Cornette relevant, knowing the type of person he is, because you think it's funny when he flips out over a dumbass indy spot.

When do you think I did anything like that? Doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd do. I was never a fan of his... some of his columns in FSM were good. But it took me longer than it should have to get into the Midnight Express because the loudmouth with the Tennis racket kept pissing me off.