DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

His name is even Aaron with one A. That's so pretentious looking spelled out. 

I wish there was more footage of him doing the Britney Spears stand-up valet gimmick from the indy I watched when I was in college.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekool666 said:

I just watched my first episode of the Powerr Hour, #6, and two things I took away from it; The Rock N Roll Express is still over, and everyone loves the Question Mark. Highlight of the show for me was the Question mark chants during Eli Drake's promo.

Rock N Rolls are timeless and they also got a monstrous reaction at Full Gear.  Love those guys.  Question Mark was a highlight though Eli's response to the chants was top-notch as well.

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

But it is the episode where Jim Cornette says Trevor Murdoch is the only man he knows who can ride a motorcycle through Ethiopia with a bucket of fried chicken on his back.

He used to use the line about Dr Death. 

11 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

They need to take steps to avoid a recurrence, Jim's realistically going to have to suck it up and mea culpa if he wants to stick around - but I will take yes for an answer.

This is a recurrence. A couple weeks ago he was condemned by Lagana and company for inferring Justin Roberts should kill himself.  The steps to avoid it are to fire Jim Cornette. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, ComingToAmerica said:

He was talking about Justin Roberts on NWA Power?

No. 

The first thing was people upset he said Jim Smallman "should kill himself." On the podcast. 

The next thing was him saying Justin Roberts was too smiley and should be kept away from children. That was also on the podcast. 

I think the stuff this week were the first comments made on the actual nwa show.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Ethiopian famine lasted two years and ended 34 years ago. So clearly a very contemporary reference there.

Cornette is really the anti Mauro.   Mauro makes a million references a show that are at least topical in the last 2 months.  Granted most of the people watching the show have no freaking clue what he is talking.  Cornette's references are tied to people that remember the first 50 times he said it.