DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

Loved the jobber taking that... I dunno, throat thrust? from Question Mark and promptly landing right on his head. Not very smart but got it over. "Question Mark" is just too chantable to not get over on its own of course. 

That was my first time seeing Stevens' attire and boy. The funniest part was seeing his pong* sticking out from under the costume as he walked away. 

* Swedish term for someone's junk under a codpiece or tight-fitting apparel. I learned this from an interview with a Swedish metal band who were making fun of Biff from Saxon for his

EDIT: Urban Dictionary says it's Danish so whatever... they also have lots of... other... definitions...

Edited by Curt McGirt

Legit, is there a better heel in wrestling right now than Stevens? When it comes to heat and strictly getting boos he's almost Vickie Guerrero-level at this point. Jericho is great too obviously but he's still getting some cheers mixed in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peck said:

Legit, is there a better heel in wrestling right now than Stevens? When it comes to heat and strictly getting boos he's almost Vickie Guerrero-level at this point. Jericho is great too obviously but he's still getting some cheers mixed in.

MJF?

• Thanks 2

Skipped through tonight's episode. Thunder Rosa has come a long way. That's awesome. The commercials are wonderful, as was The Question Mark. I do wonder if they'll be able to get that TV deal as they themselves have said this isn't viable long-term. Last week's episode has ~190k views, which isn't bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Skipped through tonight's episode. Thunder Rosa has come a long way. That's awesome. The commercials are wonderful, as was The Question Mark. I do wonder if they'll be able to get that TV deal as they themselves have said this isn't viable long-term. Last week's episode has ~190k views, which isn't bad.

Yeah I wonder if that's what Billy's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT~! is relating to. 

I didn't even realize that was Thunder Rosa at first during that training montage. Look forward to seeing more of that in the coming weeks.

If I ever hit Powerball, I'll buy a babyface AND a heel from Tony Falk's Rasslin' Farm.

Brooklyn Creed held her own for "most memorable hair" in a match involving Marti Belle. Nice of Marti to offer instant translation services too.

Also, multiple Trevor Murdoch wins on TV in 2019! Whoo!

Edit: holy lord, that was an amazing way to sell the Question Mark's finisher. Love that Question Mark was getting chanted during Eli Drake doing pretty much the same promo he does every time

Also.... having a big argument as Dokken plays was sort of an odd decision, presentation-wise...

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

Okay now all I want is more Thunder Rosa and Marti Belle squashes just killing people.  Oh and their promo was fantastic too.  I think people are underselling how awesome Marti has been on here.  

Eli Drake shut those fans up I laughed like hell..   "QUESTION MARK! QUESTION MARK!"  and he goes "you can ask all the questions you want I'm the EXCLAMATION!"   Fuck  lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Has there been any indication of what the card for the PPV will be yet?

Watching the last show, I was thinking about how they haven't even announced any matches yet. I'm enjoying every program on the show so far anyway. I'm really interested in seeing how these guys do on PPV with presumably longer match times. 

I really enjoyed the main event with Latimire and Issacs vs Homicide and Kingston one of my favorite matches on Powerrr so far. 

They've been building up the women's division so nicely too. 

Aaron Stevens is so good, he's Damien Sandow way more turned up an he is very much no afraid of being the guy that everyone enjoys seeing getting his ass whipped and he does.

Colt is still very good, he's such a good Babyface and he is hasn't lost a step in the ring. He probably could be a top guy in AEW or WWE but he is so good here

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, Curt McGirt said:

That was my first time seeing Stevens' attire and boy. The funniest part was seeing his pong* sticking out from under the costume as he walked away. 

* Swedish term for someone's junk under a codpiece or tight-fitting apparel. I learned this from an interview with a Swedish metal band who were making fun of Biff from Saxon for his

EDIT: Urban Dictionary says it's Danish so whatever... they also have lots of... other... definitions...

You have to give credit to Stevens. This man goes all out to be completely unlikeable and look like a complete fool. None of this cool heel shit here, this asshole comes out in flesh colored trunks and won't let people make eye contact with him. It's so ridiculous and I just want to slap the shit out of him. Good work to you, sir

• Like 5