DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Man, Jody Hamilton buried Fred Ward on the super stud cast in relation to the Atlanta war. 

I'm slowing catching up on the Studcast, still way behind but that Super Studcast sounds like it should be really good.

I finally got to watch NWA Powerr, I think it might be the show I might be consistent in watching, the whole format is different than anything on TV. It's as far away from WWE tv as you can have. The studio set and the promos are lit, I want to go to the tapings in December. Easy to follow too.

10 hours ago, CanadianChris said:

WTF with the babyfaces this week. Colt coming out to pretend to be James Storm, to play along with something for Jocephus?  

and Galli being all “everyone told me not to be a jerk so I totally won’t” ... AND THEN.... 

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of that set-up for the James Storm segment. I mean it makes sense after a sec if you watched last week, but I could see somebody getting lost.

Tropical Pirates y’all, Tropical Pirates.

Caleb Konley was always decent as Trevor Lee’s lackey in Impact and now he looks like a B-Level bad guy from Justified.  He’s always been great in ring, he’s a real highlight for me.

Jocephus is a real piece of crap bad guy, loved him blinding Cabana 

I really like how they’ve made the most of a small crew.  Everything ties in and there are plenty of feuds and things being set up all the time.

When or why did Jocephus drop the creepy preacher gimmick?

Anyway, show was ok. I think my biggest problems are the opticals. I get that this is supposed to be a throwback, but for me that only works when I was a kid or with Southpaw. That said, Eli Drake is fucking money, Tim Storm continues to do a good job as the wrestler in the twilight of his career, Kingston and Cide are fucking awesome, and did I mention how money Eli Drake is? Man that guy is good. Aldis I can take or leave. He's basically Jim Cornette's wet dream because he dresses in a suit as the champion, but it all comes off as Ric Flair adjace and he doesn't have the charisma to pull that off. Paradoxically, his promos are good...It's very weird.

And to go with the above I for once thought Marti Belle looked good in her match last night.  Not sure how much she wrestled since Impact but I wouldn't be made if she challenged for the women's title.  Which is weird because I would have been hesitant saying that about her in TNA/Impact.

And that invincible cream ad was so hilariously over the top that I just loved it.  I would think that was a Josephus idea which would be on brand for him.  Heck, for all I know we may see a progression from what he is now to the more out there stuff in the 10 pounds of gold shows.

Edited by NikoBaltimore