DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

I hope ROH and the NWA can work together again because the Briscoes vs. Dawsons seems like it would be a hell of a fun brawl. Let them go wild all over the studio and use Jim Cornette as a weapon.

I don't think I need to explain how good "good 'ol boy" Briscoes vs. "evil Yankees" Kingston & Homicide would be.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Yeah, I agree with that. By basking in the nostalgia, they are differentiating themselves from the half dozen or so major minors out there. Their roster is a lot of bigger, older guys as well so that's another difference. Different is good. I just hope the nostalgia doesn't become suffocating. There's also a pretty big dearth of in-ring skill. Lots of average in-ring wrestlers. It could be a fun curiosity for a while but they need an injection of talent for sure.

5 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Re: Thomas Latimer......ultimately people are entitled to their opinions....I'm going to simply say it's been 4 years now, the charges were dropped, in my mind it's long passed being an issue. He was clearly at one point an immature individual...I doubt he's my kind of people (and vice versa), but....I don't think being charged with domestic abuse should make you a lifetime pariah. 

FWIW, he's been dating Kamille for awhile and, at least from social media(which I realize isn't always reality), she seems super happy with him. 

I just watched the full show and I loved it.  Everyone felt like a star, it shows that sometimes the simple things just work.

Thought the commentary team was great, Cornette definitely felt a better fit here than in MLW.

I wondered if we would be an “older guys echo chamber” on here, but it seems to be getting fairly well rated elsewhere.

• Like 1

I'd almost guarantee that it's the responsibility of one of Rock's social media people to keep him abreast of what's buzzy in wrestling at any given moment so he can glance at it and send out a flattering tweet and stay connected to that audience. 

Although Rock looking for something to watch after five to ten Mitch Hedberg bits is definitely a fun thought. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, matwarz said:

Can we talk about how good the set up in the Aldis- Storm match was, how nonchalant Camille was and how she took that lariat like an absolute boss. A million ? 

Yeah neither guy will blow people’s minds with their work, but Nick Aldis really knows how to set up a match with key spots that are designed to create a reaction. Cody, and him are the kings of this today. 

41 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'd almost guarantee that it's the responsibility of one of Rock's social media people to keep him abreast of what's buzzy in wrestling at any given moment so he can glance at it and send out a flattering tweet and stay connected to that audience. 

Any examples of this? Because the only prior one I can think of is him praising Bobby Roode's run as TNA champion.

3 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Holy shit, NWA Powerrr will have all the best promos in the last two decades. What’s real sad is that if doesn’t get picked by a network by the end of the year, we’ll sadly only have a small number of episodes of this. 

We need to support this thing until they have enough data to impress network  execs. I just have this feeling this will only air at a time when senior citizens will be watching. So expect commercials featuring  Werther‘s Original.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Eddie's loose style was nice but I also like the classic crisp interview promo style with Dave by the podium, Aldis gave an amazing Flair promo hyping EVERYTHING and I liked Eli Drake's Tommy Rich promo

• Like 2