DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

from the link:

The National Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce…

NWA POWER is coming to you worldwide every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET starting on October 8th.

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

http://www.facebook.com/NWA

http://www.youtube.com/NWA

And if you can’t watch the live premiere, the show will be available on-demand via those platform plus they will be made available on Fite.TV every Saturday Night.

Also announced today the National Wrestling Alliance returns to Atlanta on December 14tth with a live PPV event.

so this adds a Tuesday show. we've finally achieved my childhood dream- new wrestling every night of the week!

Edited by twiztor
fixed links/formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Yeah, I’m watching this now

Reveal hidden contents

Trevor Murdoch debuted at the tapings

Where in the blazes did they dig him up from?  That's awesome.  And I love the set and am at least curious to see how the show is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

They are also including the Dawson Brothers from North Carolina area.  I can imagine them have a good old fight against Homicide & Kingston if allowed.

Spoiler

Dawsons vs Homicide & Kingston in a No DQ match was taped last night.

• Like 1

It looks glaringly out of place, I'll admit that much. Holding my reservations until I've seen the show but I can't help but feel it's going to seem jarring having that set-up with modern wrestling/promos taking place within it

I think the market for 2nd-tier wrestling is saturated right now with MLW, ROH, Impact, and NWA competing for the same dollars.   The good news is NWA lacks the baggage Impact and ROH have, so I think there's a shot, but MLW seems to have the best shot of making it.

If AEW starts raiding, which I think they're going to have to at some point, one of those four promotions is probably going to go under.

Edited by alstein

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/130217/nwa-powerrr-to-debut-tomorrow-complete-lineup.html?p=1

NWA POWERRR TO DEBUT TOMORROW, COMPLETE LINEUP 
The very first edition of NWA Powerrr will debut tomorrow at 6:05 PM EST on the NWA's YouTube and Facebook pages, featuring:

*NWA Champion Nick Aldis vs. Tim Storm.

*Eli Drake vs. Caleb Konley.

*Zane and Dave Dawson vs. Billy Buck & Sal Rinauro.

*Also appearing are NWA Tag Team Champions The Wildcards, NWA National Champion James Storm, Jocephus and more.

That was legitimately good. It felt a little overproduced at the very start, but it got more natural once the first match started. I don’t know what the ultimate goal for this is, other than it’s all done to satisfy a money mark. But if syndication wasn’t such a dead industry, this would be the perfect show to follow something like Price is Right on a weekday afternoon.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2019 at 3:22 PM, Ace said:

I think it's a mistake. This isn't something new to revitalize the NWA. This is cosplaying 1986. It seems less Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana and more Dave Marquez.

I was a bit like 'the fuck?' when I first saw it but I kinda dig it.The Dokken theme is maybe a step too far - I mean, it's awesome, don't get me wrong. But still.

I need to watch it properly to really judge, but yeah I don't completely disagree with what they're going with.

• Like 1