DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

this is very interesting I’m excited to see what studio wrestling is gonna look like in 2019. 

They are gonna film it on the same block they filmed Georgia Championship Wrestling. Doesn’t sound like Turner is gonna be involved unfortunately but hey streaming the show live on YouTube and placing ads on the broadcast may be the smartest route to go in this day and age.

Its a shame they couldn’t end the ROH agreement on the show in Toronto in Friday to get the tag straps off PCO and Brody King and had Aldis defend the strap against Eli Drake. If I was a betting man I’d say Aldis vs Drake is gonna be the feud going into the Studio Show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LMFAO

Don’t book British wrestlers, kids. They’ll inevitably force you to book your NXT/TNA washout/domestic abuser failson into a prominent role, even if it means stealth booking him because no one will come to watch him if he’s booked in advance.

Tharpe shoulda just sold to Vince. At least then the Houston tapes would be on the Network inevitably.

Edited by Super Ape

4 hours ago, Archibald said:

It is same guys that originally lost to Brody/PCO at the finals of the cup, right?

Bram is, at least. And he and his partner won a battle royal for the final spot, so this is the kind of shit the UK shindies did when fans wouldn’t come to shows he was on. It’s why I started cheering for the death of BritWres.

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I like that Bram thinks that using his real name and changing his look will make people not know who the hell he was.   And did this actually happen at a Ring of Honor pre show?

It was a dark match

To be fair - it is more an issue of NWA and ROH ending their relationship while a ROH tag team still held the tag titles

So obviously NWA need the belts on their own team before "TV" starts

And yes - it is the same exact tag team from Crockett Cup

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was a dark match

To be fair - it is more an issue of NWA and ROH ending their relationship while a ROH tag team still held the tag titles

So obviously NWA need the belts on their own team before "TV" starts

And yes - it is the same exact tag team from Crockett Cup

British Wrestling: Not even once.

Plenty of British promotions never used him, bit short sighted to damn the innocent among them, based on the actions of the guilty. Besides which, he's working for an American promotion now, are you going to cheer for the death of American Wrestling?

How the stupid bastard didn't figure out he was essentially being blacklisted by the fans and either try to make amends somehow, move to Puerto Rico (or somewhere else western fans largely ignore), or put a mask on and deny his identity I don't know. It's like he thought everyone would forgive and forget if he waited a month or two. And even though it's been what, five years, that's still his strategy. What a pillock.

Edited by AxB
misplaced comma a d bad autocorrects
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Plenty of British promotions never used him, bit short sighted to damn the innocent among them, based on the actions of the guilty. Besides which, he's working for an American promotion now, are you going to cheer for the death of American Wrestling?

How the stupid bastard didn't figure out he was essentially being blacklisted by the fans and either try to make amends somehow, move to Puerto Rico (or somewhere else western fans largely ignore), or put a mask on and deny his identity I don't know. It's like he thought everyone would forgive and forget if he waited a month or two. And even though it's been what, five years, that's still his strategy. What a pillock.

You ask that as if I HAVEN’T been doing that for some time now.

Also, he didn’t do any of those because his boys in the UK scene tried to rehab him, and sneaky-booked him on their shows when that failed. Hell, Flash Morgan Webster’s podcast was the FIRST stop on that whole project. So yeah, that whole scene is complicit.

Edited by Super Ape

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

While pearl clutching that Bram gets booked, I'm wondering about the lack of talk about what went down with Rev Pro last couple weeks.

Oh, make no mistake, that was an awful incident too.

That it was also one of the companies that sneaked Bram In because they knew no one would come if he was announced, is not lost on me.

Edited by Super Ape

RevPro: Referee got shoot attacked by a wrestler and was forced to retire from refereeing. He’s also a soccer referee so he’s fucked in terms of livelihood.

Bram was an NXT and TNA washout who was once married to Charlotte. Anyway, he was arrested for beating his girlfriend and admitted to it. And his friends back home in England got together to rehab his image, and when that failed resorted to stealth-booking him so fans couldn’t avoid shows with him on. And he’s friends with Aldis, so he’s in NWA now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super Ape said:

RevPro: Referee got shoot attacked by a wrestler and was forced to retire from refereeing. He’s also a soccer referee so he’s fucked in terms of livelihood.

Bram was an NXT and TNA washout who was once married to Charlotte. Anyway, he was arrested for beating his girlfriend and admitted to it. And his friends back home in England got together to rehab his image, and when that failed resorted to stealth-booking him so fans couldn’t avoid shows with him on. And he’s friends with Aldis, so he’s in NWA now.

Wow, that is pretty fucked up. Really hope they ref sues the wrestler involved at the very least.

I thought Bram was the douche who used to be married to Charlotte. How long ago was the incident? Did he pay for his crimes at all? I get second chances, but i'm surprised people would think he was worth it to try and help him rehab his image.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I thought Bram was the douche who used to be married to Charlotte. How long ago was the incident? Did he pay for his crimes at all? I get second chances, but i'm surprised people would think he was worth it to try and help him rehab his image.

He was not taken to court despite admitting he did it.

And he and MechaWolf 450 used to joke about becoming a tag team with a domestic violence gimmick.

And he brought nothing to the table, but he was buds with people in BritWres. So they helped him out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Super Ape said:

He was not taken to court despite admitting he did it.

More specifically, the police report states that he admitted it, but the prosecutor declined to prosecute for whatever reason, and now he says he didn't do it. But he's had a history of being a violent douchebag regardless, so no one actually believes he didn't do it. 

You would think that Corgan wouldn't so hard up for talent that he'd want a guy that will actually keep fans away, but here we are.

6 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

More specifically, the police report states that he admitted it, but the prosecutor declined to prosecute for whatever reason, and now he says he didn't do it. But he's had a history of being a violent douchebag regardless, so no one actually believes he didn't do it. 

You would think that Corgan wouldn't so hard up for talent that he'd want a guy that will actually keep fans away, but here we are.

Well, Corgan was involved in TNA when Bram was there, so maybe he was buds with him. That, or Aldis made him get him on the show. Aldis was very vocal in his defense of the guy.

1 minute ago, Super Ape said:

Well, Corgan was involved in TNA when Bram was there, so maybe he was buds with him. That, or Aldis made him get him on the show. Aldis was very vocal in his defense of the guy.

Jesus. He's going to sink the NWA because he has shit taste in wrestlers. 

50 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Jesus. He's going to sink the NWA because he has shit taste in wrestlers. 

He wants $100 for VIP seats to a glorified 2011 TNA midcard show. For $100, I better get my own NWA belt AND the Houston library.