DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - the whole reason Colt got the National Championship is because NWA (and ROH) got a cease and desist letters from Lucha Underground regarding using Willie Mack and they decided to not take any chances

Lucha Underground and especially Dorian Rodan can fuck right off for that shit.  Hopefully Mack is able to get out of the contract BS and I sense he won't be the last they try this shit with.

• Like 1

Apparently (and this was in the same blurb) a lot of it stemmed from Mack working for Crash and apparently was told if he jumped to AAA then there would no longer be any problems.

And so Mack has agreed to work for AAA

Here is part of the blurb

Lucha Underground sent cease and desist letters to ROH, regarding Cobb and the NWA regarding Willie Mack, who they claim are both under contract to them according to the web site SoCal Uncensored..

Kiss works for AEW but we haven’t heard of them getting a cease and desist, which would be tricky since AEW and AAA are working together and it’s Dorian Roldan who sent the letters.

The Cubs Fan noted that Mack, in particular, but Cobb as well, have worked for The Crash. AAA and The Crash are rivals in Tijuana and enemies right now, although AAA heavyweight champion Fenix is working this week for The Crash. So it’s possible that is the untold part of the story, especially the way it played out the next few days. To add to that, they noted that Mack was proposed a solution that if he jumped to AAA and left Crash, they’d call it off. Mack turned that down, but has since agreed to do so and will be working the AAA 5/31 show in Tijuana, the home base of The Crash.

Finished Crockett Cup and Aldis/Scurll was really good and I'm not a Scurll guy at all.  Aldis' best post-TNA match and easily the best Scurll match I've ever seen. Practically none of his spinning around flapping his arms villain bullshit in it.  Definitely worth seeking out.

Ricky Morton telling Black Ref to get out of his way so he could reach out to the fans for sympathy.

Jocephus is completely generic looking now.  If they didn't announce him, I never would've recognized him.

James Storm trying to cut a serious promo and getting his feet wrapped in streamers.

I don't know why Madusa was there.  Pretty sure she didn't either.

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Every time I see Mark Briscoe I'm reminded of the DVDVR that said his promo was like somebody put peanut butter in a dog's mouth ?

Terry Funk ain't wear no peanut butter

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nobody else wanted him, then. The actual NWA roster is only like three guys, right? Well, four now, obviously.

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I mean Eli Drake is basically the prototype NWA Create a Wrestler character so it makes sense.  And hell it is a much better option than Tim Storm

The thing with Tim Storm is he has a natural charisma that doesn't come thru that well on video. Since 2013 been watching Tim wrestle in one of the local indies and he has IT.  About 4 years ago Tim was NWA National Champ and had one of the best matches I have seen live against John Saxon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...