DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

Can I ask why? I can see how the finger breaking spot can become tiresome but I'm not as anti Marty as others on this board. I've seen him have enough good matches that I don't dislike. Aldis I can understand, he looks great in the suit he carries himself like a champion, he can talk on the mic then the bells rings and he cant keep my interest.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Can I ask why? I can see how the finger breaking spot can become tiresome but I'm not as anti Marty as others on this board. I've seen him have enough good matches that I don't dislike. Aldis I can understand, he looks great in the suit he carries himself like a champion, he can talk on the mic then the bells rings and he cant keep my interest.

I think that Marty stopped doing finger breaking spot or at least he doesn't do it in every match now. Overall he dropped most of his comedy stuff in recent RoH shows/TV that I saw and it is main reason why I don't hate him any longer.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, Archibald said:

Scurll winning it make giving some life back to NWA. They could also do RoH champ vs NWA champ for MSG with Scurll being the champ and still having a title shot at Lethal.

Whose the lady?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, odessasteps said:

I had thought about going down for the Crockett cup. That match does nothing for me wanting to go. 

PCO and Brody King are in the tag tournament.  That is more than enough to convince me to head town to Cabarrus that weekend.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Crockett Cup Bracketology.

I'm stoked about Kojima / Nagata vs. PCO / Brody King, but I think I'd rather have seen Briscos vs. Rock & Roll like ten years ago.

I am not sure if the announcement of Nikita and Magnum TA attending is making me happy or sad.

Edited by J.T.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Crockett Cup Bracketology.

I'm stoked about Kojima / Nagata vs. PCO / Brody King, but I think I'd rather have seen Briscos vs. Rock & Roll like ten years ago.

I am not sure if the announcement of Nikita and Magnum TA attending is making me happy or sad.

Judging by their match vs. LAX at Joey Janela's Spring Break, I think Briscoes/RnR Express will be quite good. I was surprised at how good the match vs.LAX was.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Bummer way to end what was the longest reign with that title since the mid 90s, surpassing MsChif's 800+ day run in 2008-2010. Interested to hear the reasoning behind that.

It was obvious Billy wanted to go with somebody else. He didn't even acknowledge Jazz's existence until the end of the Cody/Aldis feud.

Edited by Ace

Man... how has there never been a I Love Lucy themed gimmick in pro-wrestling?

Is it to much to have Lucy/Ethel team running with the tag belts?
I mean if Ricky Ricardo was a wrestler every episode Lucy would be BEGGING to be on Raw!

James