DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

Marty, we understand and there's nothing wrong with that. But this guy 

maxresdefault.jpg

looks like every single US PE teacher and/or football coach in the entire country, facially and haircut-wise. It's just too easy of a joke to pass by. It was literally the first thing I thought of when they said this guy was the NWA champion -- "that coach must be a hell of a wrestler". Which makes it even funnier knowing he is actually a teacher.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

My middle school Honours English teacher was a jacked AF rugby player and coach. Jocks can teach more than just PE, you guys...

Three of my history teachers in high school were coaches (2 former).

Both varsity basketball coaches were social studies/history teachers when I was in highschool.

Both football varsity head coaches I played for taught math. And both of them won State titles after they left Farwell. Farwell has had exactly one winning season since I graduated.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find it scary that so many of you remember shit about your high school teachers. I'm not sure if that says more you guys or me.

I remember the teachers who were generally nice or generally assholes. I also just always thought it was slightly weird/interesting how three of my social studies/history teachers ended up being coaches. Besides my favorite teacher from any time was my Latin teacher in high school. I went to his retirement party a year or two later after I graduated.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find it scary that so many of you remember shit about your high school teachers. I'm not sure if that says more about you guys or me.

High school was particularly traumatic for me, being trans while in a rural area and unable to be myself and all. A lot of it is seared into my memory and I really don't want it to be.

My theatrical arts teacher was cool though.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:05 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Marty, we understand and there's nothing wrong with that. But this guy 

maxresdefault.jpg

looks like every single US PE teacher and/or football coach in the entire country, facially and haircut-wise. It's just too easy of a joke to pass by. It was literally the first thing I thought of when they said this guy was the NWA champion -- "that coach must be a hell of a wrestler". Which makes it even funnier knowing he is actually a teacher.

Or shop.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've followed Billy Corgan's NWA since its rebirth. i've watched every "Ten Pounds of Gold", i've been keeping up with the Tim Storm/Jocephus saga, i cheered Nick Aldis live at All In, hell, i almost made a last minute 10 hour drive to go see the NWA 70th (75th? i forget) Anniversary show.

the Crockett Cup is a good step but i need more. a weekly show or SOMETHING to keep interest up. they have to up their game or they will just fade into obscurity again

• Like 1

I hope that NJPW doesn't decide to send... Juice and Finlay. Honestly it should be Japanese team.

But I'm more interested about CMLL here, it feels like CMLL and NWA would be perfect match as far as style and "ideas" go. So I hope that they send some of their top guys for it, maybe UG and GG?

Late to the party, but my HS history teacher (Henry Santos) not only held the passing yards record at Columbia for awhile but even played for the Giants during the 1987 strike.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Scurll winning it make giving some life back to NWA. They could also do RoH champ vs NWA champ for MSG with Scurll being the champ and still having a title shot at Lethal.

I like the idea of NWA Champ vs ROH Champ but the MSG show takes place on 4/7 and the Crockett Cup takes place on 4/29 would be hard to run Scurlll vs Lethal, Champ vs Champ if Scurll hasn't even challenged for the NWA Championship yet. May be a smart move giving the belt to Scurll, if not for anything that when his ROH contract is up and he goes to All Elite, Scurll showing up to an AEW show with the NWA belt would bring some buzz to the NWA name potentially.