DVDVR Message Board

2019 NWA Thread

1 minute ago, BrianS81177 said:

I was hoping the Crockett Cup would be a 2 night, 24 team spectacle like it used to be. If it's just one night it's likely just gonna have 8 teams. 

I have no idea where the 2019 NWA would even manage to find 24 tag teams.

They're partnering with ROH for it, so it might be do-able:

1) Briscoes

2) SCU

3) Bouncers

4) Best Friends

5) The Kingdom

6) The Boys

7) The Dawgs

8 ) Lethal/Gresham (or some similiary type of pairing)

That's 8 right there. Add a couple more thrown together teams (like, say, Sabin and Cheeseburger) and I'm sure they could fill out the field with some help from Impact and other indies

39 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

They're partnering with ROH for it, so it might be do-able:

1) Briscoes

2) SCU

3) Bouncers

4) Best Friends

5) The Kingdom

6) The Boys

7) The Dawgs

8 ) Lethal/Gresham (or some similiary type of pairing)

That's 8 right there. Add a couple more thrown together teams (like, say, Sabin and Cheeseburger) and I'm sure they could fill out the field with some help from Impact and other indies

Import Kushida in and put Time Machine (Kushida & Sabin) in. Juice Robinson and David Finlay as well. I'd re-unite the All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King). I'd also put PCO and Brody King in there. I wouldn't want a tournament having to be filled by the Boys, Will Fererra, or Brian Milonas. 

Briscoes

SCU

Time Machine

Best Friends

Juice/Finlay

Villain Enterprises (PCO & King)

All Night Express

The Kingdom

Yeah, that would be a good tourney.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:16 PM, nate said:

I'm a sucker for a tag tourney.

Me too, Nate.  Me too.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh btw - darewolf33 = Justin Gabriel

To be fair, Justin Gabriel was his WWE gimmick name because they forced him to drop his PJ Black gimmick name when he signed up.

Now that he's running in the indies, he's gone back to being PJ Black.

He added the Darewolf persona on to the PJ Black gimmick when he started working for Lucha Underground and joined Johnny Mundo / Johnny Impact's Worldwide Underground heel stable.

18 hours ago, nate said:

I gather the shoot job is a teacher of some sort?

It would be hilarious if Jocephus worked as a teacher in the same school where Tim Storm is the principal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It would be hilarious if Jocephus worked as a teacher in the same school where Tim Storm is the principal.

It would be like Danny McBride's Vice Principals but with wrestlers. I'm already sold on the idea

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ROH teams: Briscoes, SCU, Kingdom, Best Friends, Time Machine, PCO/King, Bouncers, Dawgs, Boys, Lethal/Castle, Silas/Bully

add in Jax Dane/Crimson, Crazzy Steve/Shannon Moore, Willie Mack/Rich Swann and see if Impact will loan Fallah Bah/KM, the Desi Hit Squad and LAX then fill out the rest of the field with random teams featuring the NWA guys (Tim Storm, Sam Shaw, Peter Avalon, Jay Bradley, Jocephus) and bring in some locals to be squashed in the first round and you could easily do 24 teams. 

15 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i nominate former NWA Tag champs the Headbangers for this. unless one of them is dead, at which point I'm sorry i brought them up.

They're alive, but you should be sorry for bringing them up anyway. At least, you didn't bring up The New Midnight Express, Bombastic Bob and Bodacious Bart.

• Haha 3