DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARDS

Dolfan in NYC

In the comments of the Deadspin article - Chris Kluwe wrote

No one tipped that kick, Parkey stepped in too close with his plant foot which caused him to swipe across with his kicking leg instead of following straight through towards his target.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

66NwUvm.gif

The dreaded Double Doink.

I like how the Meltzer Observer Quote twitter account retweeted an old Double Doink tweet just seconds after the kick. Awesome timing.

• Like 2

At this point, fuck injuries, fuck struggling QB play, at this point, the Eagles appear driven purely by divine intervention, and Foles has turned out to be the true messiah of this franchise.

I expect the game in New Orleans to begin with the giant Monty Python foot stepping on Drew Brees before the opening kickoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah - Hester is the one claiming he tipped it though no one has produced actual evidence of it

Everything I see is Eagles fans sharing the same grainy image where you can’t see shit

3 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Then I'm officially 50-50 with the expert from deadspin who surely made the call from his living room.

Well I trust the former NFL player - specifically one who has held on hundreds of kicks - more than anyone in this thread 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Me too. But the guy that actually said he tipped though....

He very well could have

He also could think he did (but not actually touched it)

It also could have had zero impact on the actual kick

It appears that no one truly cares as it isn’t being talked. It’s interesting - I mean either way the Eagles advance but it’s clear that some folks want it to be because the Eagles made a play not the Bears fucking up

• Like 1

I feel bad for Parkey.  Yeah, he sucks and shouldn't be playing.  But not only did he miss that but to rub salt in the wounds they showed the other times he fucked up.  If I was a concerned teammate/friend I would keep an eye on him for a bit as that can't be good for one's mental state.

As for Lamar Jackson I gotta give it to Baltimore for sticking with him.  Everybody at my house was calling for Flacco to come in but a quick reminder of why Lamar's in in the first place quieted that down quickly.  Considering he's a rookie who got this far is impressive.  And it's not surprising he choked under pressure compared to Rivers who's a veteran.  Hopefully he can improve on his faults in the offseason.

Normally a Ravens loss would make me feel good, but I am sad for Lamar Jackson and honestly the Ravens would match up better in a showdown against the fucking Pats.

The Pats repping out conference will make me pull for the NFC again this year and that will make me sad.

• Like 1

The Cody Parkey kick has officially been stat corrected to be a Blocked Kick.  

This is good, but unnecessary I think.  Because no one has ever accused Chicago fans of holding an unwarranted grudge against someone who "cost them a game" even when it's clear they didn't. 

Right?

• Haha 2