DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARDS

Dolfan in NYC

Oh, right the playoffs. 

Saturday, Indianapolis Houston (-2)  and Seattle @ Dallas (-2.5)

Sunday, Los Angeles @ Baltimore (-2.5) and Philadelphia @ Chicago (-6)

I have no earthly idea why  Baltimore is favored over the Chargers, it's not like Philip Rivers has a huge track record of being a massive and total fuck up in the playoffs.  Right?

Yeah.  Lawful Persecution Complex up there is discounting the fact that the Colts are basically in the playoffs because they sucked less than everyone else.  They still suck.  Houston should beat their asses handily.

When they get the Chiefs next week, however....  

You get a +3 playing at home.  The line being -2 means that the powers that be think Colts are better.  And damn near every pundit is picking the Colts. 

And we'll be playing the Patriots next week.  Chiefs are locked in to playing the winner of the 4-5 matchup. 

Both of the 3 seeds could make noise in this.  Houston makes just enough plays and plays good defense.  They have to keep Watson upright, though, and they haven't demonstrated all season they can really manage that.  OL has to be their #1 draft/FA priority at this point.  It'd be interesting to see what Watson could do if he had Brady's sack total.

After Chicago traumatized Jared Goff a couple of weeks ago, I feel like they're the only defense that can go into the Superdome and do the same thing to the Saints, even though Brees & Co. have not played as well for the final month of the season.

Plus, if Houston wins their game, they wouldn't/couldn't face KC until the AFC Championship game, because they'd go to NE as the 3.

Houston could totally go to the AFC title game with that path. Colts are mediocre. New England is very beatable.

I don't believe in any team that has Andy Reid as a coach in the post-season. So Houston going to the Super Bowl isn't that crazy. 

I think the Colts have a slight edge against Houston. Both teams are effective at stopping the run so I'm guessing we're going to get a shootout and if that's the case then I'd go with this Colts team and a healthy Andrew Luck over Watson. Should be a fun game. Each team is pretty neck and neck as far as offense and defense goes when looking at DVOA.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Chargers are the underdog because the home team wins in the first round way more often than not.

Remember the 7-9 Beastquake Seahawks?

I remember the Onion's headline after that: "New Orleans Saints Lose First Round Bye."

• Haha 4

It's rare that I'll cheer for an NFC North team, but man, everything about Philadelphia can pretty much go eff itself.

Doesn't mean I'd cheer for the Bears beyond this week or anything, though. . .unless they wind up playing New Orleans, who can also go eff themselves.

47 minutes ago, hammerva said:

This is not the start the Texans need right now.  I don't really picture them as a comeback team although it isn't like the Colts is a beast

They're better than you'd think. 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 7:39 PM, Craig H said:

I think the Colts have a slight edge against Houston. Both teams are effective at stopping the run so I'm guessing we're going to get a shootout and if that's the case then I'd go with this Colts team and a healthy Andrew Luck over Watson. Should be a fun game. Each team is pretty neck and neck as far as offense and defense goes when looking at DVOA.

• Like 1