DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

Animator Richard William's passed away. Animation director on Roger Rabbit (2 oscars), the 1971 animated version of a Xmas Carol (oscar) and did the credits for a number of 60s films and 2 of the later Pink Panther movies.

And I have to include 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is embarrassing: I forgot Gene Wilder had died, posted a post and a thread about it because some idiot had done the same on Facebook, and here we are now. Anyway, here's Gene Wilder. FML

Kids, don't drink. Stick with weed like RVD

EDIT 17487849: Aaaaaaaand this hit a bunch of people too apparently. Which just makes me slightly less stupid than everybody else. Right? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
Misinformed forgetforness, and alcohol

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

RIP Sid Haig

?

I was about to post that in the Horror Forum.

Most people will associate him with the role of Captain Spaulding from the Rob Zombie movies, but he will always be Dragos to me.

I knew that his role in Rob Zombie's 3 From Hell had been significantly reduced due to his health issues, but I didn't realize how sick he really was until now.

RIP.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, driver said:

And it looks like Chef Carl Ruiz is gone at the age of 44.

This one stunned me when I saw it on social media yesterday.

It didn't help that I then read all the tributes from his fellow chefs

Sid was a legend. A great character actor, a star in blaxploitation films, television (he played 8 different villains on Mission Impossible!), Roger Corman movies, and even a Bond movie. 

He was a favorite of both Tarantino and Rob Zombie (Sid once said he would sign on for any movie either of them did, without even asking what the role was) 

He was one of the all-time great heavies in film and tv. A large man with a booming voice, dripping with charisma, able to switch from genial to menacing instantly, sometimes in the middle of a line.

I knew this was coming from what I heard last week, but I'm still devastated.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 3