DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fuck.  

Boys N The Hood was a brilliant movie from a brilliant mind and it was a landmark film that launched SOOOOOO many careers.

RIP, John Singleton.  You shoulda won that Oscar, homie.

His death saddens me in more ways than one.  Dude was only a year older than me.  I texted a lot of "I love you"'s out to my boo, my kid, and my family and friend's before going into the office today.

Tomorrow ain't promised.  Appreciate your family, friends, and life in general while you're able to.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

Chewbacca will always be my favorite "main" Star Wars character.  Dr. Evazan, my favorite overall, died in 2017.

Go to cons and meet your favorites while you can, my friends.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Thanks 1

Mayhew had been in rough shape for awhile based on what I saw of him at the various conventions I attended, as he was on crutches or using a cane more often or not. More than once at NYCC and SDCC I saw him outside the convention center, just hanging out... and no one came up or bothered him even once. Did these people seriously not know who the giant 7'2 British hippie-looking guy outside the comic convention was, or were they honestly respecting his space?

RIP Peter. Give Carrie a hug.

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, Pete said:

RIP Peter. Give Carrie a hug.

I was doing okay until I read this shit.

Thanks for the punch in the stomach, Pete.

I need to get away from all of this dust.  Wait for me, John.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Animal expert Jim Fowler of "Wild Kingdom" fame has died at 87. Non-nature show folks may remember him on the "Merv Griffin" episode of Seinfeld ...

I also recall, as a child, the urban legend of the "lost Wild Kingdom episode" where host Marlin Perkins said he would be in the comforts of a studio while Jim would, say, try to capture a bear with his bare hands, swim with piranhas or something else incredibly dangerous/stupid. Apparently it was nothing more than a running Johnny Carson gag.

Oh hey, Doris Day died. Also, Doris Day was still alive.

Additional fun fact: my wife loathes Doris Day movies. (I can't stand Dick Powell, so we never watch movies with either of them). 

Edited by Matt D