DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

Same here. Didn't he have to get a liver transplant or something?

EDIT: No, but this happened... woof 

In an interview that took place on October 24, 2014, with National Enquirer, Vincent revealed that his right leg was amputated just below the knee in 2012 after he contracted a leg infection as a result of complications from peripheral artery disease. He now walks with a prosthetic limb, though he is sometimes forced to use a wheelchair.[15]

The rest is a laundry list of DUIs

Edited by Curt McGirt

Character actor Richard Erdman, best known to younger viewers as Leonard on "Community", has died at 93 …

A working actor in Hollywood for 73 years. Also did a great deal of voiceover work on cartoons in the 80s and 90s.

JD

Edited by RIPPA

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

John Carl was the Super B-Movie Rick Baker / Tom Savini and gave Empire Pictures's campy schock horror movie classics like Troll and Cellar Dweller (I reviewed it for one of the Halloween projects) better SFX than the scripts deserved.

RIP.

Edited by J.T.

Like or hate Part VII (it's in the upper half of the franchise in my opinion) the makeup on Jason in that movie is the series peak.

He did effects work on so many movies I love. 

• Like 1

I was just coming here to post that. Fucking blows. 

Didn't know this but he not only did the effects but wrote the batshit crazy Empire joint The Dungeonmaster (starring Richard Moll!). He also did work on Halloween 4 and Nightmare 5 which I'm sure plenty of you have seen. My favorite work of his has to be From Beyond, Bride of Re-Animator, Carnosaur, and Prison. And Demonic Toys! That is a lineup right there. 

RIP

Celebrating Larry Cohen by watching THE AMBULANCE. It's not a famous Cohen movie but it has a lot of his best elements. Funny characters, a grand pulpy premise, great pacing to keep it moving without feeling like it's padded too much, some great stunts and Cohen's eye for enhancing little scenes with little unexpected bits of business, an absurdly grumpy people pupulating a seedy New York and tons of great performances by Red Buttons, James Earl Jones, Eric Roberts...and Stan Lee playing Stan Lee.

It's a charmer.

the-ambulance-larry-cohen-1990.png?w=497

• Like 3

I so need to see that. 

Larry was the fucking man. Great screenwriter, great director, boundless enthusiasm, had enormous balls (some of the shit he got away while filming is jaw-dropping. He smuggled Andy Kaufman dressed as a cop into a parade of officers marching, and filmed him opening fire on them before they tackled him FFS!), invented the blaxploitation genre... you name it, he did it. The documentary on him, King Cohen, is highest recommendation here.  The film world has lost a giant. RIP

RIP Shane Rimmer, voice of Scott Tracy In Thunderbirds and a load of genre credits. He apparently was in more James Bond movies than anyone not a featured cast member. 

Also in Star Wars, Superman 2, Doctor Who, dr Strangelove, rollerball and more. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Seymour Cassel, known to older folks for his roles in numerous John Cassavetes movies and to younger folks for Wes Anderson movies.

His performance as Max's dad in Rushmore is one of my all-time favorites.