DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

One for Piranesi to research

FF to about 4:50 to see poor Rollo take one of my favorite all time Fred Sanford insults.

But really you should watch the entirety of this Fred Sanford version of A Christmas Carol just on its literary merits.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 3

I used to see him at shows all the time and he was always nice to everyone.  I saw Jungle Boy wrestle when he was 11 years old, and Luke Perry was in the audience cheering for him like everyone else was.  So supportive and cool with his son's dream, and now he's achieved it and his dad isn't here to share it with him.  Sucks.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The best character on one of the best bad/most addictive TV shows of all time. 

Yeah, man.  My sister would have it on all the time and ended up watching it with her.  And heck, even in 2019 I'd be on board with seeing how a  new 90210 pans out.  I didn't realize that stroke did him in like that, that sucks.

I will say that I absolutely loved watching him in Riverdale.  That show is all kinds of weird but he did so damn well as the level-headed dad.  And even before the new 90210 seeing him go full circle as the TV dad to somebody in a similar spot as him was pretty neat.  I'm going to pretty bummed if and when they find a way to write him off in the next season.

• Like 1

To me he'll always be the definitive voice of teenage Rick Jones, and the Rev. Jeremiah Cloutier.  I was 13 when 90210 REALLY hit it big and fucking loathed it, since I was not rich or charismatic or handsome and it was all my peers were talking about as far as TV went and it felt like the TV was mocking me. (I grew out of that.)  After that I was a casual fan, always happy to see him show up in stuff I was watching and I'm gonna miss seeing him pop up in unexpected places.

• Like 2

He is the voice of Rick Jones for me due to the 90s Hulk cartoon, and I loved him on Riverdale. Its disappointing to see he didn't make it past the stroke. Hope he is resting peacefully now and I feel for his family.

Edited by Eivion