DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, RIPPA said:

Kristoff St. John and Alphonso Ribero were acting about the same time that I was a kid.  I feel like I grew up with both of them since they are both close to me in age.

I am sad that Kristoff never really recovered from his son's suicide.  I can't imagine what it feels like for your child to pass away before you do and I pray that I never will.  :(

RIP.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, odessasteps said:

RIP to an eternal beauty and one of the first sirens of Horror Moviedom. :(

I am envious of my cousin, Floyd, because my late uncle met her at some movie convention back in the day and got one of these signed.

s-l1000.jpg

He still has the photo and it is kept in excellent condition along with the other items of my late uncle's collection of movie memorabilia

• 2 weeks later...

Ganz was also considered one of the best German speaking stage actors of his generation. He was the holder of the so-called Iffland-ring that should signify the best German speaking stage actor and is passed on after the death of the holder to his chosen successor. He also had quite some notable movie roles before Downfall, for example in Werner Herzog's Nosferatu or in Wim Wenders Der Himmel über Berlin (Wings of Desire). Looking at the list of director's that he worked with it's almost strange that he never placed in a Michael Haneke film.

• Like 1

Goddammit he was funny. I must have spent a hundred hours just watching hi wander around on Periscope. He was never not on. He could make an angry bored crowd at a 1:30 a.m. slot at the Comedy Store die just by rambling about the towns they were from. At times he was just a kind of freeform pep talk. There was nothing else like him and you could always hear other comics stopping into those late sets just to see him work a room.

He had a comedy central show a few years ago chronicling his return to performing after being committed for a time after a serious breakdown and was prone to severe depressive episodes.

That a guy who was almost always around people, every single night, who knew him and knew of his issues could just end himself one night should remind everyone that if you know anyone afflicted with this disease...the burden really is on you/us.

Fuck.

Jesus Christ, I just now learned about Brody hanging himself. I'm just beyond saddened. 

Please, please, PLEASE... don't let suicide be an answer. If you're having these thoughts, please get help.

Brody is unique though in these he was very tortured and very much in pain. From what I heard a couple comedians say that were close to him, he had gone off his meds again and that was that. :(

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

What the heck?  Albert Finney died weeks ago?

Leo is my favorite role of his in Miller’s Crossing, but I also am a champion of Wolfen. 

Dude was awesome.