DVDVR Message Board

RIP "Mean" Gene Okerlund (1942-2019)

Guest Edwin

I mean, Hayes is fine enough (I guess), I was more taking issue with the idea that was casually tossed out that he's on the same level as Gorilla, Brain, Gene, and Ventura. You could be the biggest Lord Alfred Hayes fan in the world and still have a difficult time making that case. 

Watching that god awful Brock/Braun segment from RAW just makes me miss Gene that much more. When Braun's brain froze, Gene could have been the one to help guide the ship and try to salvage that dumpster fire. Sometimes you just don't need to leave guys out there to die like that. You need a steady hand to right the ship

4 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Watching that god awful Brock/Braun segment from RAW just makes me miss Gene that much more. When Braun's brain froze, Gene could have been the one to help guide the ship and try to salvage that dumpster fire. Sometimes you just don't need to leave guys out there to die like that. You need a steady hand to right the ship

Yeah Gene would be like “Go back to what you were saying before”.

Bring back the interview stage, and hire back Scott Stanford who was a surprisingly a pretty good Okerlund clone on Superstars.

Also speaking of interviewers, Vince wasn’t bad back in the day, until he ruined it in the RAW days when he decided to add a raspier tone to his voice in interviews, and commentary for some reason.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, MORELOCK said:

I mean, Hayes is fine enough (I guess), I was more taking issue with the idea that was casually tossed out that he's on the same level as Gorilla, Brain, Gene, and Ventura. You could be the biggest Lord Alfred Hayes fan in the world and still have a difficult time making that case. 

I'll agree with you on that, he was good as a third man with those teams but I wouldn't even put him on that level, as much as I loved him.