DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: PHOENIX - 1/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Triple H talking about the Vikings on the post show conference call was hilarious. "They knew these guys that dress up like Vikings every weekend and if you can get Vikings you use Vikings"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Goodear said:

Stop screaming Mauro, you joke.  You cannot put every single moment of the show over like its the greatest Nitro of all time.  If everything is important, nothing is.

Yeah. I think it's interesting that the big knock I've heard on Cole is that he yells and oversells everything but he does that because he's told to do so. Mauro makes the conscious choice to oversell everything and he's the darling announcer while Cole gets shit all over. 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I don't think we're getting a text Observer this week.

He said there is going to be an Observer every week and a different format. Whether that means audio or what, I don't know. Especially for print subscribers. Maybe someone transcribing/summarizing the radio shows?

Didn't he say on today's show that he was typing for something like 4 hours yesterday and his hand was killing him (this after saying he knows how dangerous pushing himself early would be terrible).

I am really surprised he didn't go full five boy for Gargano/Rick O'Shea. It's a Meltzer match if I've ever seen one.

3.5 for Riddle/Ohno* seems awfully low but he wasn't shy about not loving it when he was reviewing it on WOR. That they didn't do 50/50 back and forth was his main complaint IIRC. We've seen it. I liked this better than their EVOLVE matches.

Also, Garrett Gonzalez deserves your respect, sir. He's really good at steering Dave around and asking good questions/summarizing stuff succinctly. I actually think long-term it wouldn't be the worst idea if Alvarez just stuck to being a really mean boss to Vinny/Craig/Filthy/Lonce, while Garrett hosts the Dave shows.

* = Related image

BUT IT WASN'T THE BEST MATCH THEY COULD'VE HAD!

Because on a show with Gargano/Ricochet, the tag match, and Black/Ciampa, we needed another 50/50 spotfest. I really dig Meltzer the large majority of the time but when the guy misses the boat, he really fucking misses the boat.

Not to get all Hogan with the don't work yourself into a shoot, but I'm really skeptical that it wasn't a planned now. I highly doubt that they would have a follow up on it on NXT and have Sam double down without it being planned.

Also if it wasn't, that would be the equivalent to openly questioning your managers choices in public, which is a great way to get fired.

• Like 1

Sam also said something about having "conversations" about it backstage after and kinda implied he might not be invited back for the next Takeover.

It definitely could be an angle, though I can't imagine the purpose.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sam also said something about having "conversations" about it backstage after and kinda implied he might not be invited back for the next Takeover.

Fantastic. If that's what it takes to get kicked off a panel -- then I hope it was a shoot.

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Not to turn this further into politics, BUT does he just sit there like a jackass and let her rant or does he push back? Because there's a difference.

He should more often, because Jim Norton is the talent of the duo.